POSITION TITLE: Front of House (FOH) Manager
TYPE: Part-time, non-exempt
DEADLINE: Friday, July 21 at 5:00 p.m.
Artistry is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit theater and visual arts organization committed to engaging our region’s most talented artists in work that welcomes and develops audiences and opens hearts and minds. We serve a regional annual audience of 80,000+ through theater productions, exhibitions, classes and workshops throughout the Twin Cities Metro, and creative placemaking. We are an anchor tenant in the municipally owned Bloomington Center for the Arts, a multidisciplinary venue that houses six other independent arts organizations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The FOH Manager is responsible for overseeing the patron experience at all Artistry performances in the Center for the Arts' Schneider Theater, and at certain other performances for which Artistry provides front of house services. This person will work 20 – 25 hours per week during the run of Artistry's five 2017-2018 productions in the Schneider Theater (July 28-August 27; October 13-November 5; January 26-February 18; March 1-3; April 13-May 6). Performances are on nights and weekends. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Setting up the lobby before performances and monitoring concession inventory
- With other organization staff, training volunteer ushers to maintain high level of professionalism at performances
- Supervising and coordinating volunteer ushers during performances
- Resolving patron seating issues, assisting patrons who need accessible seating, and communicating with the Stage Manager
- Ensuring accurate recording of concessions income from performances and keeping deposits secure
- Ensuring compliance with emergency procedures and other organizations policies
- Working with volunteers and other organization staff to create a positive experience for patrons
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Theater/performing arts major or equivalent theater experience preferred. House Management/working with volunteers experience preferred.
Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills; math proficiency.
Attributes: Energy, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude; resourcefulness; patience, flexibility, adaptability, and a collaborative nature; good sense of humor; thrives in a fast-paced environment; prefers too much to do over too little.
Abilities: Ability to make appropriate decisions independently; to confront and resolve conflicts in a timely, respectful manner; to work independently and as member of a diverse team; and to accept responsibility for setbacks and successes as appropriate.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and three professional references to [email protected] by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 21. We prefer that all required documents be sent as PDF attachments or one consolidated PDF attachment.
Artistry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.