Theatre L’Homme Dieu (TLHD) has a rich history of presenting theatre to the Alexandria Lakes Area. Founded in 1961, TLHD is the oldest operating summer stock theatre in MN. Formerly partnered with SCSU, we have been operating independently as a presenting theatre since 2009.
TLHD audiences are comprised of permanent residents, seasonal residents, tourists, and guests of the Alexandria area. TLHD’s campus is a former resort that was converted into a theatre campus with housing for 38, a lodge with an industrial kitchen, and a 272-seat proscenium theatre. The campus sits on 22 acres of wooded land, with access to Lake L’Homme Dieu.
Job Description: Assistant Production Manager 2019 - TLHD’s 59th Season
The Production Assistant works in partnership with the Production Manager & Executive Director to create and sustain the organizational structure necessary to advance Theatre L’Homme Dieu’s mission.
Reports to Production / Company Manager
Position and Responsibilities
- Assist with load in, hang/focus, tech, opening, and strike of each production in the 2019 Theatre L’Homme Dieu season.
- Serve as the lighting or sound operator for each production.
- Assist Production Manager in audio engineering, including speaker and speaker support setup, live-mixing, and maintenance of audio equipment.
- Assist Production Manager in identifying lighting and sound requirements of shows, helping to create a plan to meet those needs with available equipment, and communicating this plan with technical staff.
- Participate in all productions, including all rehearsal and performances in the 2019 Theatre L’Homme Dieu season.
- Assist the Production Manager, as assigned, as liaison to the producing entities for their technical needs.
- Assist the Production Manager with management of TLHD campus.
- Assist with the opening and closing of the TLHD campus at the beginning and end of the season.
- Assist Company/Production Manager with management of the TLHD campus, assigning rooms in the lodging cabins to visiting and resident participants, assist in arranging maintenance as necessary, cleaning and repairs of the lodging cabins, and maintaining the compound’s theatre building and central lodge.
- Other responsibilities may be added based on the needs of the theatre and/or grounds.
- Enthusiastically support the mission and vision of Theatre L’Homme Dieu.
- Be familiar with all TLHD job responsibilities and keep open communication with TLHD Management Team for smooth operations.
- Be familiar with members of cast and crew of the Touring Companies
- Attend staff meetings and TLHD events, as needed and requested.
- Complete carpentry-related tasks as necessary.
- Sound Technician and/or Lighting Technician: Maintain fundamental understanding of lighting systems, sound systems, technical drawings, computerized board, audio system, computer skills
- Thorough technical knowledge in theatre lighting and sound systems... how to circuit, trouble-shoot, and program in both areas, and someone able to execute basic carpentry tasks.
- Enjoy working for an exciting business with multiple, fast-paced demands.
- Have outstanding communication skills.
- Be willing and able to take on extra duties as needs are assessed to make for the best possible theatrical experience for all stakeholders.
- Maintain superior people skills and have the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Display a high level of professionalism and superior people skills and the ability to work quickly, accurately, and kindly under pressure.
- Be accountable, punctual and reliable.
- Ability to positively interact with co-workers, touring Companies, and the public / patrons
- Enjoy working in an entrepreneurial organization with multiple, fast-paced demands.
- Willingness to work with volunteers, when appropriate
- Thrive in a culture that values pluralism, quality, broad thinking, and risk taking.
STATUS: FULL-TIME SEASONAL
EMPLOYMENT DATES: TBD, maximum range June 3, 2019 through August 24, 2019.
SEND RESUME OR QUESTIONS TO: Nicole Mulder, Executive Director 320-846-3150 or [email protected]