The Duluth Playhouse is seeking actors and actresses for its 2018-19 season opener of 'The Full Monty' to be performed at the NorShor Theatre!
In this Americanized musical stage version adapted from the 1997 British film of the same name, six unemployed Buffalo steelworkers, low on both cash and prospects, decide to present a strip act at a local club after seeing their wives' enthusiasm for a touring company of Chippendales. One of them, Jerry, declares that their show will be better than the Chippendales dancers because they'll go "the full monty”. As they prepare for the show, working through their fears, self-consciousness, and anxieties, they overcome their inner demons and find strength in their camaraderie.
- WHEN: Saturday, May 26 (PLEASE BRING A PICTURE AND RESUME).
- 10:00am-2:00pm: Sing & Read. Sign up for a 5-minute slot.
- 2:00pm-6:00pm: Callbacks (dance, read, sing).
- PREPARE: Read the script! Please prepare 16-32 bars of what you do best. For callbacks, sides will be distributed, and you may be asked to sing from the show. Be prepared to dance for callbacks as well.
- DIRECTOR: Michael Matthew Ferrell
- SEEKING: All characters are normal denizens of Buffalo, NY. Everyday People. Unless specifically noted, all body types are welcome! All ages are “stage ages” and pliable. Those auditioning for the role of “Nathan” must be at least 10 years old. (PARENTS: PLEASE READ NATHAN’S BREAKDOWN CAREFULLY.)
- Rehearsals begin August 6, 2018
- Performances are September 13-30, 2018 and will be performed at the NorShor Theatre (show dates are Thursday-Saturday @ 7:30pm and Sunday @ 2:00pm).
Sign-up for an audition time by calling 218.733.7555 or emailing Shad at [email protected].
The Duluth Playhouse auditions are open to all actors and actresses local and nationwide, including members of Actors Equity Association. If you cannot make these auditions, contact Shad Olsen ([email protected]) we will do our best to arrange another time. Video auditions are also acceptable.