The Front Porch Players of Rosemount announces auditions for its Winter play “The Odd Couple,” by Neil Simon directed by Xander Cavanagh. Auditions will be held Sunday, December 8 and Monday, December 9, from 6-9 pm at the Rosemount Steeple Center, 14375 S. Robert Trail, Rosemount. Please prepare a one to two minute comedic monologue and the females should prepare with a British accent.
Rehearsals will begin Thursday, January 2 and typically run Monday – Thursdays through show opening on Friday, February 28. Six shows, February 28 (7 pm); February 29 (2 pm and 7 pm); March 6 (7 pm); and March 7 (2 pm and 7 pm.)
Roles: all are for older actors.
- Felix Ungar: A fastidious, hypochondriac news-writer whose marriage is ending.
- Oscar Madison: A slovenly, recently divorced sportswriter.
- Murray: A NYPD policeman, one of Felix and Oscar's poker buddies.
- Speed: One of the poker buddies. Gruff and sarcastic, often picking on Vinnie and Murray.
- Vinnie: One of the poker buddies. Vinnie is mild-mannered and henpecked, making him an easy target for Speed's verbal barbs.
- Roy: One of the poker buddies. Oscar's accountant. Roy has a dry wit but is less acerbic than Speed.
- Cecily and Gwendolyn Pigeon: Felix and Oscar's giggly upstairs neighbors, a pair of English sisters. The former is a divorcée, the latter a widow.
No reservations. Auditioners will be seen first come first seen.
WE ALSO NEED A STAGE MANAGER. PLEASE SEND NOTE OF INTEREST TO KEITH REED AT RAAC, P.O. BOX 409, ROSEMOUNT, MN 55068 OR [email protected]
Please direct questions to [email protected].