The Chameleon Theatre Circle seeks a part-time Executive Producer to serve for our upcoming 20th season (2017-2018). This position will begin immediately, training under our current Executive Producer while our 19th season is in production, and continue into the management of the 20th season, which will be in production through June 2018. The Executive Producer is a contracted position with the possibility of extension through future seasons. Compensation for this part-time role is $12,000/year. Chameleon’s Executive Producer will:
- Serve as a resource and a connection point for the producers of all Chameleon Theatre Circle shows.
- The Executive Producer will also produce or co-produce all Chameleon shows throughout the season.
- Assist in overseeing the production of Chameleon’s New Play Festival, an annual event showcasing new plays with limited staging.
- Oversee shows and show budgets. This includes oversight of budget expenditures and the pre-approval of budget overages, receipt reimbursements, and oversight of sales tax exemption implementation.
- Complete training for and serve as one of Chameleon's House Managers in the Ames Center. House Managers are responsible for overseeing access to the building and/or spaces within the building during selected Chameleon performances and rehearsals, in accordance with Ames Center policies.
- Coordinate public relations and promotional activities, including press releases, audition notices, social media activity, newsletters, etc.
- Schedule and coordinate auditions.
- Apply for production licenses.
- Moderate or facilitate the moderation of post-show talkbacks (each show in the season includes one talkback performance).
In addition, the Executive Producer will also serve as an Ex-Officio voting member of the Chameleon Theatre Circle board of directors, heading the Production Management Committee.
A more detailed job description may be found in the PDF attached to this posting.
This position will be open through February 10th, 2017. The selection committee may begin scheduling applicant interviews before that date. Interested parties should send resumes or questions via email to Nick Menzhuber at [email protected].