Job Title: Communications Manager
Compensation: $42,000 annually
Location: Pillsbury House + Theatre
3501 Chicago Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55407
Supervisor: Artistic Producing Director
Pillsbury United Communities co-creates, with community, enduring change toward a just society. Built with and for resilient communities, our united system of programs, neighborhood centers, and social enterprises connects with thousands of individuals and their families each year. We are guided by a vision of thriving communities where every person has personal, social, and economic power.
Pillsbury United Communities seeks a motivated individual to develop and implement marketing, communications and development strategies at Pillsbury House + Theatre. This position will maintain positive relationships with PUC staff leaders, external community, artists, arts leaders, audiences, funders and the media.
Marketing Strategic Development and Implementation
- Manage the budget and marketing plan
- Work with the producing director to create marketing/PR timelines
- Create and implement internal and external cross promotions
- Maintain the theatre website and other on-line profiles
- Produce and distribute all other necessary external communications
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with neighborhood businesses and organizations
- Manage media relations, including publicity, calendar listings and relationships with key media organizations and staff
Audience Services Management
- Oversee the operations of the Box Office, Concessions and Front of House, ensuring a high level of customer service
- Manage the theatre database of audience and participant information
- Supervise Box Office, Concessions and Front of House staff
- Build and manage a group of volunteers who assist with marketing efforts
- Passion for what’s possible
- Clear sense of personal purpose
- Commitment to social justice
- Creative problem-solver
- Skilled communicator and motivator
- Bachelor’s Degree in arts management, communications, marketing or another relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Arts marketing experience, preferably in a non-profit theatre or arts setting
- Knowledge of marketing and publicity methods.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complicated, diverse programs and projects