Education Sales and Services Manager Park Square Theatre
Position Title: Education Sales and Services Manager
Reports to: Director of Education
Supervises: PT Education Sales Associates and interns
Works closely with: Educator Advisory Board, Contract Teaching Artists, Facilities and Finance
Job Type: Full Time Salaried Exempt plus full Health/medical/dental, contract parking fully paid, PTO and generous access to complimentary tickets. 403b/Roth IRA available (no employer match).
Position Summary: Park Square Theatre offers a great opportunity for a detail-oriented self-starter with great interpersonal and communication skills to manage our Award-Winning Education Program. This creative professional will take great joy in building and sustaining relationships with the diverse, loyal and enthused teachers who bring more than 32,000 students a year to Park Square Theatre.
As the first face of the theater for Education, your pleasant and friendly demeanor in person and on the phone will be essential. As the primary scheduler and logistics coordinator for all enrichment programming for students, the joy you take in connecting high school students with theatre artists will drive a strong sense of purpose. Your creativity comes to the fore in designing layouts for study guides marketing materials and special events. It is vital that this person has excellent written communication skills, be highly organized, and be comfortable multi-tasking.
This position is a perfect fit for those looking to grow to a management level position and/or those looking to grow their staff and project management skills.
Park Square Theatre rewards innovation and hard work with recognition, compensation and increased authority. If your light shines here, we won’t put a basket over it! Support for this position includes part-time and contract clerical and sales help; exceptional and meaningful art in a beautifully intimate facility; a flexible, creative and respectful working environment; teaching artists with a high level of ownership; detailed client histories and robust event templates; and mentorship from senior management.
Park Square Theatre remodeled and expanded in 2014 to become the largest mid-sized theatre in Minnesota, and the only one with two fully finished stages. We have doubled and diversified our programming and serve the largest 7-12 grade audience in the nation for a theatre our size, in addition to expanding adult audiences from across the metro area and beyond.
- Offer exceptional customer service to teachers (grades 7-12) who utilize the theatre’s student matinees, workshops, Build a Moments and post-show discussions.
- Take group reservations via phone and email, following up with invoices, payment collection, information and access services needs.
- Work closely with the Director of Education on renewal campaigns, study guides, marketing materials, evaluations, Teacher’s Night Out, Theatre Ambassador Program and Immersion Day events.
- Maintain internal communication between the Education Department and members of artistic staff, full time theatre staff, and Front of House regarding schedule changes, room reservations and program additions.
- Supervise and train part time Education Sales Associates and Interns.
- Serve as Event Manager for 30 Education events each year.
- Work closely with the Education Director and Educator Advisory Board to evaluate and refine services for educators.
- Possess a strong drive and ability to meet competing/overlapping deadlines and complete work in a timely and accurate manner.
- BA in Theatre Arts, Education, Communications, or related field
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to multi-task and remember and juggle details
- Strong telephone and customer service skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook preferred.
- Some ticket office experience and work with young people (13-18) helpful but not required.
Detailed description of duties available at www.parksquaretheatre.org
Compensation: $35,000-$40,000 annually DOQ
Benefits: Full Health and Dental Coverage, Parking
Hours: Monday – Friday 9-5 and 8-4 as needed March and April*
* 7:30 am -3:30 pm 25 days a year and Saturdays 3-11 pm 6 days a year for education events.
For consideration please submit your resume with letter of interest to: Mary Finnerty, Director of Education by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Ed Sales and Services Position” in the subject line of the email. No calls please.
Position Posted: Feb. 3, 2017, Closing date: Feb. 27, 2017
Park Square Theatre is an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and a welcoming work environment for people of diverse communities.