Seeking FEMALE ACTORS for U of M Research Study on the Post-College Transition Experience of Theater Majors.
If you are female or female-identifying and intended to OR are currently pursuing ACTING as a career, AND graduated with a Theater Major BETWEEN DECEMBER 2012 and DECEMBER 2015, READ ON!
NOTE: You must have graduated at least one (1) full year ago and up to three (3) years ago to be eligible for this study.
University of Minnesota PhD Candidate seeks participants for a one hour (45-60 minutes) interview to research the experience of recent college graduates on the college to post-college transition of theatre arts majors.
Interview times are flexible and will be conducted through mid-February 2017. Compensation provided.
To be eligible for this study you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
1) Graduated from a baccalaureate granting (4-year) college or university within the United States
2) Graduated with a B.A., B.S., or B.F.A. degree in Theatre/Theatre Arts/Drama or equivalent major with the intent to pursue a career in theater
3) Graduated from college between December 2012 and December 2015 (between one and three years after college graduation)
4) Preferably (but not mandatory) living/working in the Twin Cities metropolitan area OR within a 200 mile radius of Minneapolis/St. Paul (e.g., Duluth, MN; Eau Claire, WI, etc.)
5) Must not have previously worked with or have prior association with the study researcher
If you meet the criteria listed above, please email the study researcher, Jules Darg, at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about the study and the interview process. Please put “Transition Study” in email subject line.
1) If selected for the research study, you will be asked to participate in a one-on-one interview with the researcher that will last approximately 1 hour
2) Interviews will take place in meeting rooms at local public libraries convenient for the interviewee in order to provide a private and safe environment to conduct the interview
3) All identifying participant data collected for the study will remain confidential and private throughout the research process, with no identifying information in the completed study
4) Compensation will be provided in the form of a $30 Amazon gift certificate which will be distributed at the end of the completed interview
If you qualify for the study, please send an inquiry for additional information to the study researcher, Jules Darg, at email@example.com. Please put “Transition Study” in email subject line.
By participating in this study, you will contribute to research in the fields of higher education and the performing arts in understanding the experiences of recent theatre arts graduates.
Thank you for your time and interest!
Jules (Julie) Darg, Doctoral Candidate
University of Minnesota
U of M Researcher
Posted February 6