This is flexible, part-time position provides administrative support to the Artistic Director of Frank Theatre. Hours vary, averaging 15 to 20 hours per week, increasing during the fall and spring to include evening hours when productions are underway. Responsibilities of the position may include some of the following:
- Administrative: assisting the Artistic Director as needed, with a wide range of tasks, running errands, distributing materials, and coordinating communication; maintaining the theatre’s mailing list and database; clerical duties, which include answering the phone, filing, data entry, communication with patrons and artists, and maintaining the theatre’s archives; tracking donations to the theatre, including sending thank you letters, letters of confirmation and managing a running list of donors; recording minutes at Board meetings (the second Monday evening of each month).
- Marketing and Special Events: securing program ads including making the sale, tracking art, coordinating delivery to graphic designer, and sending program invoices to appropriate businesses; assisting with the maintenance of the web site; coordinating and assisting where needed with fundraisers and other Board sponsored events.
- Theatre Operations: managing the box office during productions, tracking reservations and ticketing, reconciling nightly box office and concession deposits, supervision of box office interns and volunteer ushers; overseeing the sales of concessions and merchandise during the run of the theatre’s shows.
- Production Assistance, including assisting in securing theatre space and maintaining theatre space during the run of production. Lots of schlepping.
- Recruiting and coordinating volunteers for the organization
- Researching grant opportunities and assistance in compiling grant applications for the theatre
This position requires excellent writing and communication skills, an attention to detail, a sense of humor, computer (Macintosh) literacy, use of your personal vehicle, the ability to multitask and work with deadlines, an enjoyment of working with other people/dogs/cat/the public, an ability to cope with the unexpected, as well as some light physical (and sometimes grungy) duties. A knowledge of theatre is not necessary, an engagement in the community a plus. An ideal candidate would have working knowledge of Word, File Maker Pro, Excel and Macintosh operating systems and be social media- and spreadsheet savvy. Pay is $15/hr after 4 weeks of training at $12/hr.
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]with ADMIN ASST in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Position is open immediately. For information about the organization, see our website, www.franktheatre.org.
Founded in 1989, Frank Theatre is a professional theatre company committed to producing unique work which stretches the skills of the artists who create the work while simultaneously challenging the everyday perceptions of the audience through the exploration of ideas and issues of social, political and/or cultural concern.