The Great River Shakespeare Festival is holding Equity/Non-Equity general auditions for the 2017 season and beyond in conjunction with Park Square Theatre's general auditions. Auditionees may also opt to be considered for the 2017 Apprentice Actor Training Program.
Artistic Director Doug Scholz-Carlson will attend all four days of the Park Square Theatre general auditions.
About the Great River Shakespeare Festival
The Great River Shakespeare Festival (GRSF) in Winona, Minnesota is Minnesota's largest professional Equity theater outside of the Twin Cities. A professional acting company of 16 actors plus 90 designers, directors, technicians, apprentices and other staff come from around the country to present four productions in repertory, education programs, concerts and other events over a 6 week summer season on the campus of Winona State University. Entering its 14th season, GRSF has gained a national reputation for clearly spoken, dynamic, accessible productions of Shakespeare's plays as well as musicals and modern classics. The 2017 season will be Richard III, The Comedy of Errors, Shipwrecked! An Entertainment and An Iliad. The Apprentice/Intern production is Henry VI: The Rise of Richard.
Equity contracts are under a letter of agreement (LOA) based on LORT D. Minimum Equity salary for 2017 is $679/wk. The 2017 company will be 8 Equity, 6 non-Equity and 2 intern contracts. In addition, the Apprentice Actor Training Program will bring 14 early career professional actors from training programs across the country to study with the company. (GRSF.org/apprentice) Dates for the 2017 season are: first rehearsal May 9, first opening June 23, season closes July 30. All contracts include housing and require residence in Winona, Minnesota for the 12 weeks of the season.
Technicians and Administrators
Auditions will be held as part of Park Square Theatre's General auditions. Visit Park Square Theatre's listing for more information.
Important: once you have an audition time from Park Square Theatre, please fill out this form to indicate your interest in being considered for the Great River Shakespeare Festival.
- Saturday, March 4th, 9am-6pm
- Sunday, March 12th, 9am--6pm
- Non Union Talent
- Sunday, March 5th, 9am-6pm
- Saturday March 11th, 9am-6pm
Online appointments only: A link will be posted on www.minnesotaplaylist.com, GRSF.org and www.parksquaretheatre.org. Appointments for AEA, EMC, and non AEA affiliated talent will be posted on the following dates:
- AEA/EMC: Monday, February 13th AT 12:00PM
- non AEA affiliated talent: Friday, February 17th at 12:00PM
- In addition to the instructions below, please fill out this form to indicate your interest in being considered for the Great River Shakespeare Festival.
- Please present at least one piece by Shakespeare as part of your three minute audition.
- From Park Square Theatre: Please prepare one or two contrasting monologues that total no more than three minutes in length. (In order for each actor to be seen, these auditions will be timed. My apologies, but it’s the most respectful way to protect everyone’s time).
- From Park Square Theatre: Please bring one hard copy of your headshot and resume to your appointment.
Park Square Theatre, Proscenium Sage
Historic Hamm Building, 408 Saint Peter Street
Saint Paul, MN 55102
For questions about the general auditions, please contact Park Square Theatre. For questions relating to Great River Shakespeare Festival, please email email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Photos by Dan Norman and Michal Daniel