Assistant Company Manager
The Company Management department of the Guthrie supports the actor experience, including but not limited to travel arrangements, housing, health, opening/closing night parties, meet and greets, and general support to Guthrie actors. The Assistant Company Manager supports Company Management with responsibilities in the areas of Artist travel and management of support staff ensuring a productive and enjoyable Guthrie experience for all Artists.
Duties and responsibilities
Assist with travel arrangements for Actors and Directors to balance convenience for Actors and Directors with financial management for the Theater.
- Assist in providing transportation from airport to arranged housing
- Maintain the travel spreadsheet for productions
- Provide assistance to Artists as they arrange for travel for their pets or non-work related travel for themselves of their family
Assist with housing to provide a safe and functional living space or visiting artists.
- Field all maintenance requests and maintain units as needed
- Maintain good working relationships with apartment managers and service providers
- Facilitate housing setup in accordance to Equity requirements
- Develop and maintain cleaning schedule for apartments with our provider
- Track housing expenses and supplies
Provide services to maintain artists’ wellbeing to create a successful workplace environment.
- Work as a team with the Company Manager to answer or redirect questions and assist artists as needed
- Maintain relationship with Physicians who provide for our medical needs
- Create and maintain an information/welcome packet to be given to visiting artists upon arrival
- Facilitate security badges for artists
- Maintain Actor database in Tessitura
- Arrange for pick up and drop off of visiting artists’ shipped items
- Welcome and orient all understudies
- Develop email groups and final contact documents for each production
- Track and distribute vouchers for complimentary tickets
Assist with parties to enhance the sense of community within the theater and provide social opportunities for artists to meet theater staff and patrons.
- Set up welcome bags and welcome paperwork/information for the cast on the day of first rehearsal
- Assist with grocery shopping and delivery of food and beverages
- Coordinate opening night and closing night parties, including set-up and take-down of furniture, supervisions of part-time party help, and arranging for food and beverages
Provide work direction, supervision, scheduling and training for part-time employees.
- Schedule and assist with supervising Child Supervisors and Party Helpers
- Verify and approve part-time employees’ timesheets
- Assist with supervising interns when assigned
Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Four years of related experience or combination of education and experience
- Theater experience is a plus with company management or stage management experience preferred
- Familiarity with theatrical terms preferred
- Knowledge of contracts, leases, and other agreements
- Knowledge of services available in the community and how to access them
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in oral and written communication on an interpersonal and group level
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license with good safety record
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to exercise professional discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status
Compensation & Benefits
$16.82 - $18.27 per hour, full-time, non-exempt
The Guthrie Theater offers a competitive benefits package including healthcare, dental, vision, 403(b) with employer match, paid time off, complementary performance tickets, employee perks and numerous other discounts.
A note from Human Resources
Applicants must submit the following to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter
- References (3 total)
The Guthrie is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.