Project SUCCESS is a youth-development organization that motivates and inspires students to dream about their futures, helps them create a plan to get there, and gives them the tools and support they need to achieve their goals. We work with over 12,000 6th—12th graders in the Minneapolis school district each year.
- Be able to attend all rehearsals during 8-week rehearsal process (Project SUCCESS must know about any missed rehearsals before process begins)
- Play piano during rehearsal
- Work with director or choreographer in a collaborative setting, occasionally meeting outside normal rehearsal time for production meetings
- Teach students vocal parts and transpose to fit student vocal range
- Attend all tech week (final week) rehearsals, including sound check and ensuring band members attend rehearsals
- Gather live band for performances and tech week
- Provide rides home for students as necessary
Qualifications & Ideal Attributes
- Ability to transpose musical scores
- A passion for working with youth in an educational setting
- Ability to build and nurture trusting relationships with a diverse group of students, families, teachers, school staff and volunteers
- Ability to lead band and students during performances
- Have previous music directing experience
- Reliable, dependable, communicative, flexible and adaptable
- This is a contract position over 3 to 9 months.
- 8 to 9 week rehearsal process
- Evening and weekend commitments, 4pm-7pm
Project SUCCESS is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We strongly encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and ethnicities.
How to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Where you heard about us
EMAIL: [email protected]
ADDRESS TO: Laura Garcia, Director of Programs