Play, laugh and get paid in this part-time job! We are always interviewing and hiring great people and we look forward to meeting you as you consider the swim teacher/instructor job as your next job. It’s fun. We promise.
Is this the right fit for you?
Do you have a desire to work with children and help them become stronger, safer, more confident swimmers? Do you love water? Are you an outgoing and energetic person? Do you have respect for methods and management? Do you genuinely like people?
Remember the last time you had the chance to teach a kid something? It’s magic. At FOSS, Teachers instruct children 6 months to 12 years old to develop their swim skills through the FOSS skill progressions. Small class sizes and warm water contribute to a comfortable environment for both swimmers and instructors. Your swimmers will have fun and you will too!
Get paid while you train. FOSS’ unique and comprehensive teacher training program will provide you with all of the skills you need to teach quality swimming lessons; focusing on the progressions of basic skills, technique, and water safety.
• Up to 15 teaching hours per week may be available in your first quarter with FOSS.
• Evening and weekend hours available as you start your time with FOSS. Daytime hours may become available as you acquire skill and advance.
This is an opportunity to make $15.50 to $23.50 per hour teaching swim lessons following the FOSS Program. Additionally, increase your earnings by:
• Working weekend hours.
• Training for additional roles such as Enrollment Specialist.
• Health and dental benefits to qualifying employees.
• 25% discount on retail items.
• Hearing our students say things like:
o “What are all those dots on your face?” “Those are freckles!”
o “What should we dive for today?” “Underwear!!!”
o “Your name makes me think of watermelon.”
More information about FOSS is available at www.fossswimschool.com
Previous Experience, Skills and Requirements:
• You enjoy working with kids and love being in the water. FOSS values reliability, strong work ethic, and a drive to help others succeed.
• A background in swimming is preferred, but not mandatory. However, comfort in water and basic swim knowledge is a good place to start.
• All teachers must be committed to upholding the standards of the Foss Swim School program.
• Candidate must be 18 years of age or older and pass a drug test.
• Certain criminal convictions may disqualify an individual from employment.
Successful FOSS Teachers often have an interest in one or more of the following: Coaching, Early Childhood Education, Theater, Acting, Aquatics, Childhood Development, Instruction, Hospitality, Customer Service, Social Work, being a Nanny, Physical Therapy, Physical Education and more. We’re looking forward to meeting you, learning about your past and evaluating if FOSS is a good fit for you.