Join CCP this summer as we bring the music of ABBA to life through the blockbuster hit Mamma Mia! This year we are excited to host our performances at the Maple Grove Town Green Bandshell. This beautiful outdoor venue is perfectly suited to the warm and sunny music of Mamma Mia! and a great and safe way to bring theater back in the wake of the pandemic.
- Jeff Anderson, Artistic Director
- Mary Ann Boniface, Music Director
- Ann Marie Omeish, Choreographer
Cross Community Players is committed to following CDC and State of Minnesota guidance for indoor and outdoor activities throughout the period from auditions to performances. Our complete set of protocols for callbacks and rehearsals will be provided in writing prior to any gathering. Guidelines for performances will be posted to crossplayers.org at least 30 days in advance of the first performance.
In the interest of keeping our auditioners and staff safe we are hosting a first-round auditions virtually. All races, genders and levels of experiences are welcome to audition for CCP. For this production we are looking to cast individuals over the age of 15.
Dates: Sunday, April 18 and Monday, April 19 ~ 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Location: Zoom: All first-round auditions will be conducted online.
Registration: All auditioners must register in advance via email to receive a specific time slot to attend auditions. Time slots will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
1. Download and complete the CCP audition form
2. Send an email to [email protected] with:
- completed audition form (including your rehearsal conflicts for May and June)
- actor/musician resume if you have one
- your requested audition date and time frame
3. You will receive an audition confirmation from CCP with your assigned date, time slot and Zoom link.
Callbacks will be held in-person on Tuesday, April 20. State of Minnesota COVD-19 safety guidelines in effect at the time of callbacks will be observed. Complete details will be provided to auditioners who are called for these second-round auditions.
Preparing for virtual auditions
How to prepare for auditions on Zoom:
- it is recommended that you use a laptop or tablet devise with built-in camera
- An external microphone or headset is recommended but not required
- Download the Zoom app to your laptop or tablet devise
- Adjust your Zoom audio settings to "Use Original Sound" for best results when singing
- Practice positioning yourself in front of your computer or tablet device so that the camera shows you visible from the waist up
- Find a quiet room free from distractions for your audition
What to prepare:
- Prepare 32 measures of an upbeat song, you may sing a cappella
- Dance and reading auditions will be conducted at callbacks only
- Visit our Auditions page for a complete list of characters
Sunday through Thursday evenings early May through June. We will rehearse largely outdoors with some smaller groups called to rehearse indoors.
June 18, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26, 2021
June 27 is our inclement weather make up date