Position: Patron Services Manager
La Crosse Community Theatre
Position: The Patron Services Manager is responsible for the daily functioning of the Box Office of a highly active community theatre.
Reports To: Executive Director
Supervises: Box office staff and volunteers
Hours: Full-Time, salaried position. Flexible schedule, some nights and weekends required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education.
La Crosse Community Theatre (LCT) has been the premiere community theatre in the Coulee Region since its inception in 1962. Now in our 55th season, LCT entertains thousands of patrons each year and produces seven productions from September through May. LCT also offers youth education classes at the theatre, including summer theatre camps. La Crosse Community Theatre is the primary resident of the four year old, state-of-the-art Weber Center for the Performing Arts which sits nestled on the beautiful banks of the Mississippi River. The Weber Center contains a 450 seat proscenium theatre as well as a 100 seat black box theatre.
The Patron Services Manager is the first point of contact for all patrons of La Crosse Community Theatre and is responsible for managing all box office responsibilities. Other duties include front of house management, patron management, development coordination, staff supervision, volunteer coordination, event preparation, box office upkeep and assisting with publicity marketing.
Provide outstanding customer service to any and all patrons of The Weber Center for the Performing Arts.
- Ensure that all LCT and Weber Center events are created in the ticketing system including dates/times, seating, ticket prices, discounts, and seat holds. Update in a timely manner as necessary.
- Create and distribute weekly box office notes to ensure communication among staff.
- Work independently three days in Box Office per week and directly oversee other 2 days in the week.
- Serve as Front of House resource for Box Office, House Management and Concessions staff for most performances and fill in other needed shifts as HM and Box Office.
- Create and maintain Front of House procedures. Regularly assess procedures for needed changes.
- Maintain communication with staff about additionally needed tasks for a given day/week/event.
- Maintain communication with promoters for outside Weber Center events regarding ticketing, complimentary seats, staff/volunteer needs and other needed services.
- Make sure cash drawers are properly stocked with appropriate bills and change. Make sure large amounts of cash are maintained according to theatre policy.
- Maintain classroom registration spreadsheets updated with required information from registrants. Assist with first day of class registration when needed-Provide Executive Director with needed reports from ticketing system.
- Prepare, sign and mail all ticketing correspondence.
- Coordinate Group Ticket Sales.
- Hiring process including: assessing when a new staff hire needs to be made, advertise staffing needs, review applications and interview potential candidates.
- Train all Box Office Assistants and House Managers.
- Create and maintain work schedules for daily box office needs for LCT and Weber Center performances.
- Instruct box office and house staff on any additional tasks that need to be completed.
- Serve as primary source of organizational information regarding patrons.
- Convey information regarding season tickets and ticket reservations to patrons.
- Field and resolve all patron complaints, questions, and concerns.
- Create and maintain best practices and policies for Front of House volunteers.
- Make sure House Management is correctly training volunteers in accordance with policies.
- Determine number of volunteers needed for a given event.
- Communicate with usher volunteers.
- Maintain sign-up sheets for auditions for LCT shows.
- Maintain and update Volunteer Comp Ticket procedure.
- Create Volunteer Comp Cards for new volunteers and make sure Volunteer Packages are reflected in ticketing system.
- Coordinate with audition volunteer to prepare for auditions including: printing out audition forms, sign-up sheets, setting up table with proper materials including writing utensils, clipboards, blank paper and camera. Coordinate with audition volunteer.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing to establish and promote box office promotions.
- Proofread all box office marketing communications.
- Update and maintain community calendar.
Box Office Upkeep
- Maintain a clean and organized box office.
- Ensure brochure racks are stocked and up to date.
- Maintain poster display case with current information.
- Create proper box office and lobby signage.
- Print performance programs as needed.
- Maintain inventory of ticket stock and order new stock as needed.
- Ensure that work and performance schedules as well as weekly box office notes are posted and current.
- Maintain sufficient office supplies at box office.
- Assist Executive Director in constituent management through data entry.
- Help maintain a clean and organized donor database.
- Manage and produce process for donor acknowledgements.
Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Leadership skills with the ability to manage box office staff.
- Ability to uphold and provide the best customer service experience to all patrons.
- Ability to work and succeed independently and under pressure.
- Enthusiastic and patient when serving patrons and volunteers.
- Proven communication skills, both oral and written.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Be a team player, able to work with many different people.
- Able to prioritize, be flexible and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree. Special consideration will be given to those with an emphasis in arts administration, hospitality management, and customer service.
- Experience in customer service with an emphasis in sales/retail.
- Knowledge of OvationTix is a plus.
Please send a cover letter with salary requirement and resume via mail or email to:
428 Front St. S
La Crosse, WI 54601
NO CALLS PLEASE.
La Crosse Community Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.