Officially annoucing auditions for Job: A Modern Man with RW Theatre Productions!
Directed by: Rachel Gaspar and Wesley Holm
Book by: Bethany Schwartzkopf
"Why do seemingly tragic events happen in the lives of seemingly good people? And where is God during troubling times? These are some of the key questions raised in the biblical Book of Job. As we seek to understand these issues, other tantalizing questions arise…What if Job lived today—in modern times? What if he were part of our world, living among us?" http://www.theaterscript.com/product/job-modern-man-sample-script/
Open call auditions will take place on June 2 from 5:00-9:00 PM and June 3 from 12:00-5:00 PM. You're audition will take approx. 5-10 minutes, so plan accordingly. Auditions are at Pine Grove Bible Church (4000 101st Ave N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55443). We may ask you to cold read from the script at the audition.
This show is age 16+
Rehearsals will take place starting June 6.
Tech week will be from July 15 to July 20.
Performances will be July 21, July 22, and July 23.
Please prepare/bring the following:
- 1 minute monologue (contemporary preferred)
- List of conflicts from June 6 to July 23
- Headshot and resume (optional)
- A copy of the audition form attached below (there will be copies at the audition as well)
The characters are as listed: (there is a copy of these at auditions as well)
- Job - Down-to-earth business owner, man of great faith - Male 30-50 years old
- Meryl - Deeply emotional wife of Job - Female 30-50 years old
- Eli - Job's lawyer and best friend - Male 30-50 years old
- Billie - Distrustful friend of Job - Female 20-40 years old
- Farid - Very legalistic friend of Job, also owns a company - Male 20-50 years old
- Michael - Naive intern at Job's business - Male 16-20 years old
- Lisa - Kind-hearted assistant to Job - Female 20-30 years old
- Brian - Irresponsible and aspirational son of Job - Male 20 years old
- Claire - Bubbly daughter of Job - Female 16-20 years old
- Caleb - Self-confident alcoholic son of Job - Male 30 years old
- Satan - Manipulative antagonist - Male or female 20-40 years old
- Various roles throughout ages 16+
If you have any questions, feel free to email [email protected]