It may be cold outside, but classes are heating up at the Guthrie!
With classes for different experience levels and covering a variety of topics, we've got something for everyone this semester. Peruse the brief blurbs for upcoming classes below, and visit our WEBPAGE to view the full descriptions for each class, learn about flexible payment plan options, explore our summer programming for school-aged students, and more.
Exploratory and Introductory Classes
- Presentation and Communication Skills- Whether you want to be onstage, in the boardroom, or just knock that next interview out of the park, this class is designed to help you utilize theater skills in your everyday life. Join us Sundays, March 3-24, (6:30-8:30pm).
- Stage Combat- Ever wonder how actors on stage and in film do their fights and stunts? Aaron Preusse returns to teach a fun, on your feet class that will introduce you to a new side of performing! Thursdays, March 7-April 16 (6:30-8:30pm).
- Voiceover I- If you’ve ever wanted to learn more about voiceover and voice acting or broaden your career horizons as an artist, this is the class for you! The next session of this class runs Tuesdays, February 19-March 12 (6:30-8:30pm).
- Exploring the Text- Take a deep dive into scripts, characters, and analysis with H. Adam Harris! This popular class returns this winter, Tuesdays, March 19-April 16 (6:30-9:30pm).
- Scene Study- If you’re ready to jump head first into working on a variety of partnered scenework, this is the class for you! Stuart Gates will lead you through an exploration of scenework, character building, and play analysis. Tuesdays, March 26-April 30 (6:30-9:30pm).
- Musical Theater Singing II- If you are ready to take the next step in preparing for vocal auditions and building your chops, join Betsy Benjamin and accompanist Sean Wesche for this class, Mondays, March 25-April 29 (6:30-8:30pm).
- Dance: Musical Theater Audition Prep- Dance calls can be intimidating if you don’t know what to expect! Rush Benson, Brian Bose, and other guest artists will help you prepare for various techniques that you might encounter in auditions and more. Sundays, February 17-April 7(2-3:30pm). Register for a single class, a four class package, or all eight sessions!
- Physical Approaches II: Devising through Movement- Explore storytelling through physicality theater and devised work! Brian Bose will lead this intermediate-level class, which runs Wednesdays, March 13-April 17 (6:30-9pm).
- Voice & Speech II: Shakespeare- Take your voice training to the next level and discover the tricks to interpreting and performing Shakespeare. Tuesdays, March 19-April 23 (6:30-9pm)
- Perfecting the Monologue- Gain practical tools for preparing monologues in this four-week class where you’ll workshop prepared monologues and expand your repertoire. Wednesdays, March 6-27 (6:30-9:30pm).
- Advanced: Audition Studio- Perfect your audition technique in this all-new class with Suzanne Warmanen. Send your headshot and resume to [email protected] to apply to take the class. Sundays, March 17-April 28 (6:30-9:30pm) (no class 4/21)
Questions? Just email [email protected], or call (612) 225-6172.
Posted February 7