The Gilbert & Sullivan Very Light Opera Company is seeking a Stage Manager and a Followspot Operator/Stagehand for its 2020 production of Ruddigore.
The show opens Friday, March 13, and runs through Sunday, April 5. Performances are on Friday and Saturday evenings at 7:30 pm, with Sunday matinees at 2:00 pm, with one Saturday matinee on March 28, at 2:00 pm, at the Howard Conn Fine Arts Center, 1900 Nicollet Ave S, Minneapolis.
This position pays a stipend of $1200. We are seeking a candidate with experience stage managing large-cast productions. At least one Assistant Stage Manager attends each rehearsal. Representative responsibilities include:
- Prepare rehearsal and performance spaces and attend all rehearsals and performances.
- Communicate announcements and schedule updates to cast.
- Write and distribute rehearsal, production meeting, and performance reports.
- Facilitate communication between production staff members and with cast.
- Take blocking and line notes.
- Call cues during the run of the show and run light board.
- Develop preset lists and running order lists and supervise backstage crew.
- Assist with strike following final performance.
Rehearsals are held January 13 through March 12; Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, 7:00 – 10:00 pm, and Saturdays, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm at Lake Harriet United Methodist Church, 4901 Chowen Ave S, Minneapolis, and at the Howard Conn Fine Arts Center, 1900 Nicollet Ave S, Minneapolis.
This position pays a stipend of $200. Relevant experience is a plus, but not required. We will provide necessary training. The Followspot Operator/Stagehand may also assist with set changes as needed before and after the show and during intermission. Applicants need to be available for technical rehearsals beginning March 9, 2020 and attend all performances (dates above).
Additional information about the Gilbert & Sullivan Very Light Opera Company and Ruddigore is available at https://gsvloc.org. If you have questions or are interested in the position, please contact Stephen Hage, Producer, at [email protected].