The Cowles Center for Dance & the Performing Arts (TCC) is seeking a Production Assistant for Momentum: New Dance Works 2017 presented July 13-15 and July 20-22 at the Southern Theater. This series is a presentation of The Cowles Center in partnership with the Southern Theater and the Walker Art Center.
The Production Assitstant will be responsible for providing artistic advising during the tech process of the Momentum Series. The PA will work with the lead artists in the Momentum series, and report to Damon Runnals. This position is designed to be a bridge for the artists (all who are performing in their pieces) and the technicians/producers primarily during tech week. The PA will work to become familiar with the four pieces such that they can provide artisitc insight and answer questions by producers or technicians.
Requirements and availability.
- Attend the tech showings on June 26, 2017 (3pm-11pm);
- Attend a minimum of two rehearsals for each of the group's pieces between June 26 and July 9.
- Meet with each group's lead artists to discuss artistic goals of the piece, artistic aesthetic, and production priorities of the piece.
- During tech weeks (July 9 - 23) PA will work alongside Producers / Technical staff to provide the following:
- Technical choices in relation to the artistic aesthetic of the piece.
- Take notes / questions for the lead artists to be discussed following a run
- Provide insight for the piece to producers and technicians so artists can focus on dance.
Payment for position will be a flat fee of $1,000.
For consideration please email a resume to Damon Runnals: [email protected]
Saturday, May 20 Posted April 18