Under the direction of the Senior Director of Production, the VPS Project Manager coordinates multiple projects from estimation through shipping, ensuring that all schedules, budgets, standards and accounting responsibilities are met. Interacts with and serves as liaison between clients, internal account executives, designers and members of the production team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Estimates labor and material costs for prospective projects. Generates proposal documentation including bids, contracts and presentations. Assists Account Executives with client presentations as necessary.
- Monitors project financial performance using financial tracking reports and ERP system. Manages and adjusts manufacturing process and expenses as needed based on client expectation while maintaining a favorable margin and COG.
- Produces and ensures distribution of work orders that provide budget, material and scheduling requirements to the shop floor.
- Responsible for project workflow scheduling and hours tracking for department.
- Generates change orders and invoices throughout the project as necessary in conjunction with post project financial reports.
- Researches material and design information for preparing bids project estimates for outside clients and internal jobs. Responsible for generating purchase orders and procuring project-based materials.
- Schedules and leads kick-off meetings and weekly status meetings. Collaborates with team members to maintain quality of project, efficiency of process, overall profitability of job, and meeting deadlines and budget.
- Oversees design interpretation, choice of materials, techniques and processes in collaboration with Senior Director of Production, Director of Design and Shop Foreman.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess exceptional communication, organization, client interfacing and leadership abilities.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and can work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide effective work direction.
- Strategic thinking to promote advances and to adapt to constantly evolving environment.
- Collaborative and team player
- Flexibility and adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
Education and/or Experience
- 10+ years working as a fabricator in scenic and/or props shop with expert knowledge in carpentry, mold, carving and sculpting materials, assembly and finishing techniques and products
- Microsoft Office Software including Excel, Dynamics NAV, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Budgeting and estimation experience
- 5+ years in administration role
- As a high growth, entrepreneurial company with 30 years of family entertainment history, we are anchored by the value of the prior journey with a firm, shared commitment to the road ahead
- We are aligned around a shared vision of winning as one team, one company
- We are dedicated to the growth, well-being and happiness of the individual
We offer a competitive package of work life flexibility, health, dental, and vision benefits. Company paid life insurance, AD&D and Long-Term Disability and 401(k) company match. Short term disability, additional life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off
To be considered for this position apply through our website.