VStar Entertainment Group (“VStar” or the “Company”) is one of the nation’s leading multi-concept media and entertainment platforms and producer of family-friendly consumer shows and events. The company owns, operates and promotes multiple North American tours scheduled to visit more than 150 cities, including Sesame Street LIVE , a Broadway-quality musical production, produced in cooperation with Sesame Workshop; Paw Patrol Live ! Race to theRescue , a Broadway-quality interactive experience produced in cooperation with Nickelodeon, and Discover the Dinosaurs Unleashed , a dinosaur-themed, family-oriented, educational and entertainment touring exhibit. Past touring shows also include Care Bears Carealot ,_ *_Hasbro ’s_ _My Little Pony* , Kidzbop World Tour , and Curious George Live .
The Company also: (i) arranges international tours and operates tours for the USO; and (ii) owns a production shop that produces all sets, scenes, and costumes for its touring shows. Additionally, the company leverages these capabilities and services for the benefit of third parties including the building of the mascots for over 20 professional sports teams and organizations.
- As a high growth, entrepreneurial company with 30 years of family entertainment history, we are anchored by the value of the prior journey with a firm, shared commitment to the road ahead
- We are aligned around a shared vision of winning as one team, one company
- We are dedicated to the growth, well-being and happiness of the individual
Primary Objective of Position:
Work closely with Technical Production Director to plan, supervise and manufacture technical elements for all VStar touring properties.
Work closely with Director of Production Services and Shop Foreman to oversee and supervise VStar Production Services shop operations and maintenance.
Plan and manage space usage, trucking and warehousing for all VPS projects and VStar touring properties.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Execute the planning, supervision and construction of the stage set, special effects, crating and trucking for VStar touring properties. Participate in the documentation process, creation of manifests and carnets, and updating the database. In rehearsal, responsible for the implementation of the elements listed above, and advising the road crews of proper set up and maintenance procedures.
- In conjunction with the Technical Production Director, responsible for the planning and supervision of a summer refurb/paint shop. Including the daily operations, load in and load out of the temporary spaces. Also responsible for the layout, load in and out of rehearsal spaces.
- Assist Shop Foreman and Director of Production Services with the management of the physical plant operations, directing assigned staff in the maintenance of company owned and rented spaces, equipment, and assets.
- Function as a Lead Craftsperson providing supervision and hands on manufacturing for projects as assigned by Director of Production Services.
- Work directly with the Shop Foreman to effectively utilize the shop space and trailers for all VPS and VStar touring materials/storage.
- Work with the Technical Production Director, Director of Production Services, Project Managers and Shop Foreman to establish and maintain cost effective and successful manufacturing techniques and schedules.
- Responsible for understanding and meeting project budgets and timelines.
- Researches, prototypes, develops and provides detailed information on manufacturing and finishing techniques.
- Understand and utilize renderings, plans, and scale drawings to complete assignments
- Skilled in operation of metal shop equipment and processes: Cutting, welding (MIG and TIG) and finishing.
- Skilled in operation of wood equipment and processes: routing, cutting, joining, laminating and finishing.
- Skilled in all finishing and graphic installation techniques.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with outside vendors and clients.
- Work with shop personnel to complete repair and maintenance work orders for the office and shop physical plant.
- Participate in and supervise on-site installation for outside projects.
- Keeps the Technical Production Director and Director of Production Services informed of all important matters which require immediate attention.
- All other duties as assigned.
Additional Performance Criteria:
Ability to perform assigned duties and responsibilities under minimal supervision and make accurate and informed decisions, balancing and establishing priorities in relation to workload and time availability.
Willingness to travel as required performing all aspects of the position.
Willingness to assist others during short deadline projects and peak workloads.
Ability to perform in a manner which contributes to an overall team effort with a willingness to assist others as workload requires and time allows.
Ability to develop and maintain sufficient working knowledge to effectively perform assigned responsibilities.
Adheres to and enforces all established safety procedures outlined in VPS safety manual.