In alignment with Little Lifeboats' mission and that of HowlRound’s Jubilee, TEASE 2018 will feature only work by women, people of color, Native American artists, LBGTQIA artists, deaf artists, and artists with disabilities.
TEASE (The Easy Access Script Experience) invites Artistic Directors from local theatre companies, as well as the public, to see your work and provide a venue for networking after the performance. The evening consists of scenes that have been directed and rehearsed by a team of artists with input from the playwright. This performance will take place Summer of 2018 in Minneapolis, details TBA. Because this is a showcase put up with donated time and space, there will be no monetary compensation. Our goal is for you to make the kind of connections that will result in full productions in the community. For more information on TEASE and past events, go to littlelifeboats.com.
- You must have a Minnesota connection: Qualified participants live in, work in or were born/raised in Minnesota.
- We are only accepting selections from full-length works: In order to be considered, your submission must come from a script that runs a minimum of 50 minutes. Please consider that companies prefer shows 90+ minutes in length. We will accept partially incomplete works on a case-by-case basis.
- Submit scenes that are no more than 8 minutes in length and use no more than 3 actors. Provided tech for the performance is limited, but limitations do not need to apply to the script as a whole.
- You may submit up to three scenes.
- Programs at the event will include the synopsis, run-time and character breakdown for each scene as well as contact information for each playwright.
- Artistic Directors/Company representatives will be comped into the event. Public will be charged a small entrance fee to help us cover costs.
- There will be a mandatory meeting in March with all accepted playwrights.
Email the following information with your name as the subject line to teasetwincities[@]gmail.com by February 2nd, 2018.
- Contact info:
- Where you heard of TEASE:
- Runtime of full work:
- Runtime of scene:
- Synopsis of complete work:
- Character Breakdown:
- Are you interested in workshopping this script?
- Attach: Two PDF documents for each scene: 1 containing the scene submission and 1 containing the complete work. Title files appropriately. Do not include titles or name on the pages: scripts will be read blind by all but reader organizing submissions.
Please direct any questions, comments or suggestions to teasetwincities[@]gmail.com.
Friday, February 2 Posted January 1