Children’s Theatre Company is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Patron Experience Manager. This is a full-time position with Monday through Friday office hours with occasional evening and weekend work. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, vacation and sick leave, eight paid holidays and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
Led by Artistic Director Peter C Brosius and Managing Director Kim Motes, Children's Theatre Company (CTC) is the nation’s leading theatre for multigenerational audiences and is one of the 20 largest producing theatres in the United States. A winner of the Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre, CTC creates extraordinary theatre experiences that educate, challenge and inspire young people. It has set standards of excellence in the quality of its productions, commitment to new work, and innovative education and community partnerships.
POSITION SUMMARY: In collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications, develop, lead and implement a patron experience strategy that delivers a superior, engaging experience for current and perspective patrons. In pursuit of these goals make Children’s Theatre Company an industry leader in the areas of customer service and theater retail management.
• Creates and implements a patron service philosophy that is reflective of the needs of our multigenerational and multicultural audience.
• Source items for the gift shop and concession stand, analyze profit margins, track sales and inventory to ensure sales goals are met and budgets are adhered to. In addition to sourcing and budgeting the audience services manager should leverage the gift shop and concessions in a way that promotes CTC overall artistic brand and elevates the experience of coming to the theater.
• Works with CTC staff to provide relevant and enjoyable audience engagement experiences in our two lobby spaces, the United Health Group lobby and the Cargill lobby.
• Stay aware of best practices in the service and hospitality field and develops a plan for continually training front of house and box office employees in those practices. Empower and motivate employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Process ticket office revenue and retail deposits, prepare sales reports and reconciliation reports for shows as requested, provide revenue tracking reports using Tessitura.
• Manage and lead the Safety and Security Supervisor with the goal of refining and updating safety practices. Ensure all members of patron services clearly understand and can implement safety procedures.
• Leads the Access and Inclusion programs which directly touch patrons. Examples of this include our Sensory Friendly program, ASL services, etc.
• Handle patron concerns and issues with care ensuring a positive outcome for all involved parties. Consistently monitor and improve our customer service policies to ensure that patrons feel like their evolving needs are being handled in the most effective manner possible.
The ideal candidate for this position is results driven, analytical, and customer focused.
• Emotional Intelligence – The ability to be recognize and manage your emotion, and the emotion of others, to achieve positive and mutually beneficial outcomes
• Supervisory Management Skills – Ability to manage and motivate others
• Project management skills – Ability to plan and manage workflows and personnel in a holistic and integrated fashion to ensure progress of projects, and awareness of responsibilities among staff
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to rapid pace in a changing workplace.
• Time Management - Ability to manage the available time to organize and complete work efficiently and effectively within given deadlines
• Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Budget – Ability to plan and work within budget parameters
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Customer service experience, preferably in the entertainment, museum, sports marketing or retail marketing industries
• A demonstrated desire to deliver industry leading customer service.
• Comfortable with information technology and basic accounting principles
• The ability to simultaneously manage multiple people, tasks, projects, and deadlines
• Ability to work independently, set priorities and complete work on time and with accuracy
• A passion for the arts
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office essential. Experience with Tessitura, or other data-driven ticketing systems helpful but not required.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT:
CTC is dedicated to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and recruiting of board members. CTC is committed to a future where our theatre is a home for all people, all families, and is truly reflective of our community. We are also committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination. CTC prohibits discrimination in employment against any employee or job applicant because of that person’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission or any other legally protected status.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Andrew Robertson, Director of Human Resources at [email protected]. Please include the name of the position(s) to which you are applying in the subject line of the email.