Sign-ups for Park Square’s General Auditions are now open!
Reserve your audition appointment using our SignUp Genius page. You may claim a three-minute audition slot by using the dated tabs at the top. A confirmation email will be sent to provide further instructions. Notice that Monday, January 14th, and Saturday, January 19th, have been reserved to feature Actors' Equity Association and Equity Membership Candidate talent. These dates will likely have more union theatres in attendance. You may sign up for any open slot, regardless of union status, although you may only claim one audition appointment over the course of the four days.
Audition Times and Location
The General Auditions will be held in Park Square Theatre’s Proscenium Stage. Please use the 7th Place plaza entrance, under the lighted marquee. Audition dates are:
- Sunday, January 13th 9am-6pm (Lunch Break 1pm-2pm)
- Monday, January 14th 12pm-9pm (Dinner Break 4pm-5pm) *AEA/EMC featured
- Friday, January 18th 12pm-9pm (Dinner Break 4pm-5pm)
- Saturday, January 19th 9am-6pm (Lunch Break 1pm-2pm) *AEA/EMC featured
- You will have two minutes TOTAL to present your materials after introducing yourself onstage. We ask that you please prepare two contrasting monologues. If you would like to sing as part of this audition, you may substitute one monologue for a 32-bar cutting of a song, to be sung a cappella in the audition. In order for each actor to be seen, these auditions will be timed. My apologies, but it is the most respectful way to protect everyone’s time.
- Please bring one hard copy of your headshot and resume to your appointment to be added to Park Square’s talent files. You are not required to bring additional hard copies for each director in the audition room.
- Talent Profile: We are asking everyone to create a FREE talent profile on Minnesota Playlist. This profile will be used by directors and producers to view headshots and resumes in the audition room. Instructions can be found on our sign-up page.
Joining Artistic Director Flordelino Lagundino and Associate Artistic Director Laura Leffler will be Park Square’s production directors, local area producers, and freelance directors. Area theatres and freelance directors who have committed to attending are:
Jennifer Liestman (Guthrie Theater), Jack Reuler and Catherine Campbell (Mixed Blood Theatre), AnaSofia Villanueva (History Theatre), Hayley Finn and Julia Brown (Playwrights’ Center), Amy Rummenie and John Heimbuch (Walking Shadow Theatre Company), Peter Christian Hansen (Gremlin Theatre), Joe Chvala (Flying Foot Forum), Alberto Justiano and Claire Frederick (Teatro del Pueblo), Elena Giannetti and Shelli Place (PRIME Productions), Anne Bertram, Charla Marie Bailey, and Julie Phillips (Theatre Unbound), Jenny Moeller (Raw Sugar Theatre), Markell Kiefer (TigerLion Arts), Damon Runnals (Swandive Theatre), Ryan Lear (Four Humors), Hal Cropp and Jeremy van Meter (Commonweal Theatre Company), Heather Williams and Jim Williams (Paul Bunyan Playhouse), Luverne Seifert and Darcey Engen (Sodhouse Theater), Chaya Gordon Bland (South Dakota Shakespeare Festival), John Gigrich (Green Sea Productions), Adrian Lopez-Balbontin (The BAND Group), Meggie Greivell (Persistent Theatre Productions), Lindsey Cacich (Freelance), Kurt Engh (Freelance), Ellen Fenster (Freelance, Park Square Theatre), Michael Haney (Freelance), and Sheena Janson and Cara Phipps (Freelance)
While we offer the opportunity to be seen by dozens of local companies at no cost to the actor or theater, we cannot guarantee an organization’s attendance on a specific day. Flordelino and Laura will be in attendance each day, and there will be a whiteboard in the lobby listing all additional directors and producers in the room.
Park Square is committed to programming for and collaborating with a wide range of talent. Our General Auditions is a color inclusive, ability inclusive, and gender inclusive audition. The audition venue does have several short steps to walk up and down. A volunteer will gladly provide a hand to assist you up and down if needed, or please let us know if you will need additional access services.