Join us for Spring and Summer classes at the Guthrie!
Whether you are just dipping your toes into the world of theatre, looking to learn the secret to a great audition, or a seasoned pro ready to supplement their training with new skills, we have a slew of exciting offerings coming up for our Spring-Summer term for students 18 years and older! All class registrations through May 1st are 10% off.
Click the links below to read the full description of each offering and register online. You can also register over the phone at (612) 225-6172, or reach out to us with your questions at [email protected]. All of the class info is also summarized in the attached 1-page PDF for your convenience, and detailed info will be up on the website by the end of the day Friday (April 5).
We have Personalized Payment Plans and Scholarships available for all of our programming, and you can read all about how that works on our WEBPAGE- just scroll down to the FAQ section for details.
1-2 Day Workshops: Designed to supplement your training and open doors to specific types of theater
- Speaking Shakespeare: Sonnets and Monologues- What is it about the language in Shakespeare's plays that make them so musical? Free your voice through explorations of voice and text. Join us for one evening, or get a $25 discount when you sign up for both!
- Physical Comedy- Make bold choices, embrace ridiculousness, and go over the top with your mind and body. Learn the basic elements of physical comedy and practice turning off your “critic’s brain” to just have fun.
- The Alexander Technique- The Alexander Technique has been used as a tool for actors to integrate voice, speech and movement. Learn how to be comfortable in your skin and create onstage intensity without tension.
Exploratory Classes: A great way to try something completely new!
- Slay!- Feel sexy, fierce and powerful while learning fun choreography, grooving to music and dancing your way to empowerment.
- Voiceover I- Learn more about commercial voiceover and voice acting or broaden your career horizons!
- Playwriting I- Discover the key ingredients of great drama and comedy and work toward creating your own short play in this six-week class.
- Stage Combat- Learn the tools and techniques it takes to craft acts of onstage violence by exploring the world of unarmed stage combat and how it differs from film.
- Mondays, August 12-September 23 (6:30-8:30pm).. *No Class on Labor Day, 9/2.
Introductory Classes: No prerequisites- designed for folks just starting their theater journey.
- Theater Basics- This is the perfect class for beginners who are ready to dip their toes into the world of performing and have a great time!
- Voice & Speech I- Study the principles of voice and speech, including resonance, articulation, projection, and expression.
- Musical Theater Singing I- For beginner-level singers, this class will help you develop a solid base in vocal technique using songs from musical theater that are suitable for auditions.
- Physical Approaches I- Explore a variety of physical approaches to performance and gain insight on how to approach acting from a movement-based perspective.
Intermediate Classes: Continue building on existing skills and grow professionally.
- Auditioning and the Business of Acting- Learn the ins and outs of audition preparation and technique, and what it takes to be a working actor.
- Creating a Character- Continue building on the skills learned in Theater Basics, while working on scenework, partnering, and character creation.
Advanced Classes: Classes for students who are ready to blaze their own trail and pursue theater in their community and beyond.
- Studio Workspace- Details coming soon on this exciting new option!
Looking for more? Our September-December schedule will feature of the classes you love, as well as a few new offerings! More details on that schedule will be available soon. Check out our webpage, or feel free to email us if you have any questions at [email protected].
Posted April 4