STEPPINGSTONE THEATRE SEEKS TEACHING ARTISTS FOR CLASSES DESCRIPTION:
SteppingStone Theatre is seeking teaching artists with a background in theater education, a commitment to youth development and a passion for creating and delivering exceptional creative learning programs for young people. Teaching Artists for Creative Learning Programs will provide instructional support for SST’s devised theater and skill based classes on-site at SteppingStone Theatre and off-site in schools & community-based settings.
SST seeks teaching artists in two focus areas: early childhood programming for ages 2- 5 years and/or devised theatre programs for elementary-middle school. SteppingStone Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and we STRONGLY encourage POCI applicants to apply.
● Plan, prepare and instruct SST curriculum and/or create lessons to support theatre learning, curricular focus, or social and emotional development through theatre.
● Plan and establish a safe learning environment for all participants and artists.
● Participate in pre-plan and post-planning meetings with co-teaching artists, SST staff, and or community/school partners.
● Document workshop curriculum, successes and challenges for each session and share with Creative Learning Team.
● Commit to ongoing professional development as an arts practitioner and educator.
● Be a positive role model and mentor to students, school staff and SST Teaching Artists. Desirable Skills & Qualifications
● Highly skilled in one or all of the following theatre arts disciplines: creative drama, acting, improvisation, movement or ensemble-based devised theatre, directing, theatre for social change, theatre for the very young or theatre with/for teens.
● Must have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in theater, education, or related field AND/OR equivalent work experience in education and theater.
● At least 2 years of work experience teaching performing and/or visual arts.
● Ability to teach programming in a diverse educational setting.
● Strong commitment to social change through community empowerment and the arts.
● The candidate must have a commitment to developing arts skills within a teaching framework that supports inspiration, mastery, belonging, independence and compassion in youth.
● Educational and artistic values align with the vision and values of SteppingStone Theatre.
● Work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
● Experience working with economically and culturally diverse populations.
● Detail-oriented with excellent communication, organizational and writing skills.
● Must have reliable transportation.
Part Time position. $22.85 an hour. Program availability includes day time and weekend hours. Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] by October 26.