Youth Performance Company seeks experienced Teaching Artists to join our roster. We offer year round Saturday classes, and weeklong camps during the summer months for grades K-12. There are also occasional opportunities for off-site theatre arts residencies in the community.
Youth Performance Company empowers youth and inspires social change through bold theatre. Through direct programming that includes productions, classes, in-school residencies, community appearances and a leadership development component, YPC provides affordable and meaningful arts experiences for Twin Cities families, children and teens. We help kids learn about theater, learn about themselves and make a contribution to the world around them.
- Create lesson plans to fit programming needs and goals
- Attend teaching artist trainings
- Give and receive feedback
- Performing arts background
- Degree in theatre, dance, or related field
- Minimum 1-2 years teaching experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work and collaborate as part of a team
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
This is a part-time position, hours vary seasonally.
On-site classes take place at our new location in St. Paul. (641 Fairview Ave. N)
Please send teaching/production resume and cover letter to Interim Director of Education, Julie Heaton - [email protected]