Prince's Paisley Park in Chanhassen, MN seeks lively, personable individuals for the role of part-time Tour Associate. As the primary point of contact for many Paisley Park guests, Tour Associates serve as ambassadors to Prince's inspiring legacy.
Tour Associates provide information on the cultural and historical significance of Prince and Paisley Park, answer content-related questions, and keep the tour organized, engaging, and safe for all. This is a part-time tour guide position located in the Tour Operations Department with variable/flexible working hours to include weekends, holidays, evenings, overtime as required. This position reports to the Legacy Preservationist.
- Protect, promote and preserve the historical legacy of Prince
- Provide an entertaining and inspiring scripted tour experience
- Engage and interact with guests; answer all questions
- Ability to memorize substantial amounts of information and take direction
- Research information as required
- Effectively manage both large and small groups of people
- Conduct yourself professionally amongst guests and staff alike
- Assist guests in all types of situations including emergencies
- Administer First Aid when required
- Assist in other duties as needed
- Report any concerns to supervisors when necessary.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Enthusiastic and friendly demeanor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary story-telling ability
- Great time management skills
- Ability to manage a wide variety of personalities and emotions
- Handle sensitive issues and information confidentially
- Respond flexibly to the needs of a changing work environment
- Previous public speaking or acting experience a plus
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Strong, clear speaking voice.
- No smoking on premises.
- Must adhere to a pescatarian environment while on campus.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]