Title: Marketing & Social Media Director
Reports to: Artistic Director
Status/Classification: Part-time Independent Contractor
Pay: $4,000 annual fee
The Marketing & Social Media Director serves to create and manage all Trademark marketing and communications content, strategy and budgets. This position also manages a graphic designer.
About Trademark Theater
Founded in 2016 by award-winning artist Tyler Michaels King, Trademark Theater is bringing new work in new ways to new audiences. This young and thriving company is rapidly becoming a leader in developing and producing dynamic, imaginative theatrical works of the highest possible quality. Trademark provides opportunity for growth and learning focused on the exploration of the artistic process, champions the talent of local theater artists, and advocates for the support and appreciation of all new plays produced in Minnesota. www.trademarktheater.org
The scope of work per season usually entails supporting one full production, 2-4 workshops/readings, and 2-4 fundraisers/private events.
Marketing & Social Media Director
- Responsible for the overall marketing plan and communications of the organization, including but not limited to promotional campaigns and season announcements, direct mail, social media platforms, email, press releases, special event invitations, website, video content, and collateral.
- Create content and schedules for Trademark’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Establish ticket sales goals, schedules, and comprehensive strategy, including ticket pricing and discounts
- Collaborate with Trademark’s graphic designer on style and brand development
- Integrate all channels of communication for consistency of style, brand and messaging
- Track e-mail and digital marketing campaign metrics
- Monitor, listen, and respond to social media users to cultivate audiences and sales
- Compile sales reports as needed
- Assist the board of director’s finance committee in developing annual marketing budget
- Attend the board of director’s marketing committee meetings held approximately 8 times per year
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years experience in theater marketing and social media management
- Marketing degree is welcome but not required with relevant work experience
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of developing and implementing a professional theater marketing plan and sales strategy
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants, and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), Sketch and/or Figma
- Exhibits ability in both the creative side of marketing and analytical side
- Strong artistic and aesthetic sensibility
- Open-minded and excited to explore innovative ways of audience development
- Strong knowledge of non-profit budgets and the creation of sales reports
- Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Excellent time/project management skills
- Meticulous editing and proofreading skills
Trademark Theater does not have designated offices. Incumbent must be able to perform the majority of their work from home, or from an independent location.
This position requires extensive use of the computer and telephone. Ability to travel locally required.
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.
Position Starts: August 1, 2020
Trademark Theater encourages candidates of all races, ethnicities, genders, and backgrounds to apply for this position. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references in Word or PDF formats to [email protected] with “MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA DIRECTOR” in subject line.
Deadline: None. Position open until filled