Ashland Productions is hiring education staff for its 2021-2022 season ACT! program.
Positions are paid $1,200 for two rehearsals per week (1-5 hours) for 20-26 weeks and increased time during tech week and performances. This is a great supplementary opportunity for theatre/music/dance teaching artists as well as applicants with an interest in elementary education.
The ACT! program is a unique partnership between Ashland Productions and 14 area elementary schools. Ashland trains and assigns one or two teaching artists to go into each partner school to teach a cast of 30-65 elementary students a full children's musical, including lines, songs and choreography. The cast then comes to the Ashland stage for tech week, in which they familiarize themselves with costumes, sets, lights and microphones, before performing 2-3 times for the public.
· Love working with and have experience with elementary age students;
· Love theater and have experience in musicals as artists (directors, performers, vocal directors and/or choreographers);
· Choreography and blocking are done for you so directors can concentrate on teaching young performers and instilling a love for theater;
· Work twice a week in a school setting for 25-27 sessions of 1-1.5 hour each over the course of three months;
· Have availability a minimum of two days a week either before or after school. School schedules vary.
To apply, send a resume and references to Jack Lambert (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Submission deadline is October 1st but some positions will be filled beginning August 30. Contact Jack with any questions.
Ashland Productions is a non-profit theatre organization focusing on youth empowerment through theatre -- programming runs year round and features performers of all ages.