This two week summer camp will focus on building auditioning skills and professional confidence for working as an actor. We’ll look at how to choose a monologue, how to audition with confidence, how to memorize, how to show up well in the rehearsal process, and how to advocate for yourself in tricky situations.
Cost: $200 but partial and full scholarships as well as payment plans are available
Who is this camp for?
- People who are new to auditioning for professional companies
- People who used to act and want to get back into it and could use a brush up
- People who are interested in gaining confidence in auditioning
- People who want to grow as actors and auditioners in a welcoming setting
What do you get for that $200?
- Assistance creating an acting resume that will be ready to print
- Headshots by a professional photographer that will be ready to print
- Training by trans and cis allied teaching artists
- Feedback on sample auditions from local directors
- Assistance choosing two contrasting monologues that will sell your talent
- Access to monologues by trans and non binary playwrights to choose from
- The chance to meet other trans and gnc actors and theatre professionals and build community
- Snacks during each workshop plus a full lunch on Saturdays
- The chance to show off your newfound skills at a showcase at the end of the camp
- A whole lot of fun!
August 19-31st 2019 at St. Peder’s Lutheran Church 4600 East 42nd St. Minneapolis, MN. (This venue is ADA compliant, has gender neutral restrooms, and is accessible by public transit.) Week days the camp will run from 6pm to 9pm. Saturdays the camp will run from 9am to 4pm. We’ll have Sundays off.
This camp is open to people who identify as transgender and/or non-binary who are 15 years of age or older.
For more information or to register (or to request a scholarship): go to: https://www.uprisingtheatreco.com/camp-for-transgender-teens-and-adults/
Friday, August 9 Posted July 9