Children’s Theatre Company is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Associate Production Manager. This is a full-time position with occasional evening and weekend hours. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, vacation and sick leave, 8 paid holidays and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
Led by Artistic Director Peter C Brosius and Managing Director Kim Motes, Children's Theatre Company (CTC) is the nation’s leading theatre for multigenerational audiences and is one of the 20 largest producing theatres in the United States. A winner of the Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre, CTC creates extraordinary theatre experiences that educate, challenge and inspire young people. It has set standards of excellence in the quality of its productions, commitment to new work, and innovative education and community partnerships.
The Associate Production Manager supports the Production Manager with all productions and events as well as in day-to-day operations and administration of the production department. Assist with development and implementation of building-wide health and safety program. Production manage select projects and events. Serve as Rentals Coordinator for all outside rental events.
• Support of creative teams and production process including writing and processing contracts, processing payments, assisting with travel and meeting schedules, assisting with creation of production and technical calendar.
• Office support including correspondence, filing, book-keeping, tracking production budgets, monitoring expense projections, and processing payroll as needed.
• Attend production meetings and run-throughs. Cover or attend technical rehearsals and preview performances. Liaise with creative team in the absence of Production Manager.
• Attend production department head meetings and postmortems. Take notes and distribute.
• Production manage selected productions and projects, including facilitating communication between creative team and production staff, organizing residencies of creative teams, and organizing design presentations.
• Assist with organization and logistics for touring and transfer productions, including creating technical riders, coordinating trucking, and liaising with venue staff.
• Assist with organization and logistics for internal special events and projects, including annual gala fundraiser.
• Manage day-to-day development and implementation of health and safety program, including stocking supplies, research and implementation of new policies, and scheduling and documenting safety training for staff.
• Coordinate outside rentals. Work with other departments in planning and executing rental events. Answer inquiries and estimate costs. Coordinate in-house elements of rental for client. Act as CTC point person at major rentals.
• Experience in production management office as assistant
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat
• Knowledge of OSHA requirements and proficiency in AutoCAD 2010 or later desirable
• Requires excellent organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
• Valid Driver’s License
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT:
CTC is dedicated to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and recruiting of board members. CTC is committed to a future where our theatre is a home for all people, all families, and is truly reflective of our community. We are also committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination. CTC prohibits discrimination in employment against any employee or job applicant because of that person’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission or any other legally protected status.
Email letter of interest and resume, in pdf format, with “Associate Production Manager” in the subject line to
Ellen Baker, Production Manager, at [email protected] on or before March 15, 2020.
Theatre Company is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Production Manager.
Sunday, March 15 Posted February 7