The Audio-Visual Operator/ Technician will provide audio and video technical support and oversight for Sunday worship services and other special services and church events. Responsibilities will include:
- Operating audio, video, projection, and Zoom teleconferencing systems for all Sunday worship services (and other special services and church events, as needed).
- Ensuring that projected and screen shared slides properly and accurately correspond with the planned order of the service/ event.
- Operating recording devices, ensuring that recordings of worship services (and other events as requested) are recorded and stored in an orderly manner on the designated cloud, internal, and/or external storage.
- Communicating promptly with staff members and volunteer leaders.
- Maintaining the audio/visual booth in an orderly manner; and assisting with maintenance of First Presbyterian Church’s software and hardware (i.e., cleaning filters, dusting, trouble shooting, etc.) as needed.
- Upholding First Presbyterian Church’s policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
This position is best suited for a candidate who loves the technical details of hosting multi-media events with participants present both physically and via teleconferencing. The successful candidate will have experience with modern sound and recording equipment, projection systems, and Zoom teleconferencing technology; and be able to learn equipment and system configurations quickly. Candidates must be proficient with and knowledgeable in Windows, PowerPoint, OBS, Zoom, and use of sound console.
Accountability and evaluation:
The Audio-Visual Operator/ Technician will report to the Pastor. Performance reviews will be conducted annually by the Pastor under the auspices of the Session’s Personnel Committee. The Session and Personnel Committee will annually review compensation.
PAY RATE and HOURS:
Audio-Visual Operator/ Technician will be paid hourly, at a rate commensurate with experience. Weekly hours are Sundays, 9-11am, with additional hours for special services and events, as negotiated. Audio-Visual Operator/ Technician should be available at least 44 Sundays per year.
Send resume and cover letter to Pastor/ Head of Staff Kendra Grams at firstname.lastname@example.org.