Auditions for Once Upon a Mattress at Fridley Community Theatre
Saturday, May 14 - Auditions from 10-2
Monday, May 16 - Auditions from 6-8
Tuesday, May 17 - Auditions from 6-8
Wednesday, May 18 - Callbacks from 6-8 if needed
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up.
- You MUST be registered to audition.
- Six people per time slot.
- Do not sign up for more than one slot.
- Do not arrive more than 10 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Your photo will be taken when you arrive.
- Masks are recommended, but not required in school buildings.
Performance dates are July 22, 23, 28, 29 at 7 pm and July 30 at 2 pm.
What to Prepare
- Once you sign up FCT will email you an audition form to fill out and bring with you to your auditions.
- Prepare 16 bars of music that best demonstrates your vocal range, skill and quality. You should bring clearly marked sheet music if you want accompaniment or you may sing acapella.
- Actors should be prepared to learn a short dance with the choreographers, cold read from the script for the artistic director, and sing your prepared song for the vocal director.
- Any questions can be sent to the artistic director, Tom, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Audition Location: Fridley Community Center
6085 Seventh Street NE, Fridley, MN 55432
We do accept video submissions for those that cannot make auditions due to being away at college, etc. Please email email@example.com if interested in sending in a video submission.
COVID-19 Safety Policies for In-person Auditions and Rehearsals
We will continue to adjust our recommendations and expectations as needed, following the guidelines set forth by the CDC and ISD 14.
As with many current theatre productions, Fridley Community Theatre will require all auditioners and cast members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per the CDC’s current definition (two weeks following two shots of Pfizer/Moderna or one of J&J), to mitigate risk to all involved and help ensure the shows go on as planned. Masks are recommended, but not required. Please bring proof of vaccination and a photo ID to match with you to auditions.
Headshots/resumes accepted, but not required. A photo will be taken at the time of auditions.
Actors of all experience levels and abilities are encouraged to audition. Diversity is encouraged. There are no speaking roles for individuals that are younger than high school age. No roles are paid.
The rehearsal schedule will be based upon conflicts of the acting company. Most rehearsals will be held Monday through Friday, 6:30-9:00 pm beginning as early as May 23rd. There will be 3 to 5 rehearsals a week with frequency increasing as the performance approaches. Weekend days maybe added, based upon needs of the production and availability of the cast. All actors will not be required at all rehearsals. A detailed schedule will be available at the first rehearsal.
NAME GENDER PART SIZE VOCAL PART
Prince Dauntless Male Lead Tenor
Princess Winnifred the Woebegone Female Lead Mezzo-Soprano
Queen Aggravain Female Lead Alto
Jester Male Supporting Tenor
King Sextimus the Silent Male Supporting Silent
Lady Larken Female Supporting Soprano
Minstrel Male Supporting Tenor
Wizard Male Supporting Baritone
Sir Harry Male Supporting Tenor
Lady Mabelle Female Featured Alto
Lady Rowena Female Featured Soprano
Nightingale of Samarkand Female Featured Soprano
Princess No. 12 Female Featured Spoken
Kitchen Wench Female Featured Silent
Sir Studley Male Featured Tenor
Sir Luce Male Ensemble Tenor
Ladies-in-waiting, Knights, Soldiers, Servants, Musicians