The Booking Manager is responsible for the routing and contracting of VStar Shows in the United States and Canada. In addition to negotiating all deal points for these productions, the position is a primary liaison between VStar and the venue.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate contracts for VStar produced live tours in the United States and Canada by aggressively negotiating all show related deal terms, including rent, staffing, ticketing, concessions and merchandise deals, with venue managers/ booking staff
- Work with Sr Director of Booking to determine overall tour route strategy and secure date holds to guarantee an efficient and optimal schedule for VStar tours
- Maintain itineraries for VStar produced theatrical productions
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of performance schedules / routes of past and current engagements to optimize revenue potential
- Draft and review deal sheets and contracts for accuracy
- Work closely with Merchandising, Operations, Production, Marketing and Finance to help identify opportunities to increase revenue and overall tour profitability
- Communicate potential market related issues and competition to the Booking & Marketing teams
- Distribute internal documentation and key show/market information to appropriate departments
- Work with Ticketing Manager to suggest pricing for engagements as necessary
- Be accessible to VStar’s road staff and answer questions during settlement or as they arise throughout the tour
- Review final theatrical settlements to ensure accuracy of negotiated terms
- Develop and enhance positive working relationships with venue managers, facility management companies and other members of the industry to maintain VStar’s position as a major producer of family entertainment tours
- Assist with training and assigning tasks to department assistant.
- Participate in relevant professional organizations such as IAVM, APAP, including travel to out of state conferences and events.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Previous experience and understanding of the Theatrical / Live Event Industry and venue operations
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to recognize problems, resolve conflicts, and make choices in a quick decisive manner
- Self-motivating, working with minimal supervision to identify, manage and complete all tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Meticulous attention to details with impeccable follow-through
- Extraordinary planning and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Bachelor’s degree in related field desirable or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of previous, relevant field service or related required