Box Office Associate
Reports to: Marketing Director
Founded in 1998, Theater Latté Da (TLD) is in its 24th season of presenting original and re-imagined musical theater. Theater Latté Da creates new and impactful connections between story, music, artist, and audience—exploring and expanding the art of musical theater. TLD is dedicated to expanding the American Musical Theater with work that speaks to a contemporary audience. Theater Latté Da has fostered innovation and diversity since its conception. We believe in work that is bold, inclusive and collaborative; we act with integrity and gratitude. These values are integral to the organization’s health and drives the discussion at every stage of decision-making. Through productions that transcend the conventional, the organization helps solidify the Twin Cities’ reputation as a place where progressive art plays a vital role.
Theater Latté Da believes in a culture of inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. The diverse and dynamic interests of those who work here provide opportunities, both organized and impromptu, for individual pursuits and exploration.
$15 per hour, Part-time, Hourly
Complimentary tickets to all Theater Latté Da productions
Support the mission and vision of Theater Latté Da by providing excellent guest service selling tickets and managing the Box Office during performance times during evening and weekend hours.
Duties and responsibilities
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer-centered experiences over the phone and in-person.
- Promptly listen to and respond to customer inquiries and requests via phone and email
- Work to effectively resolve ticketing issues and respond to customer inquiries with compassion, empathy and objectivity
- Complete other duties and tasks as requested or needed.
Box Office Sales & Ticketing:
- Assist in selling season tickets, single and group tickets using Salesforce (CRM) software.
- Staff the Box Office during afternoon hours and performance times.
- Identify opportunities for potential ticket sales.
- Maintain and update patron records.
- Maintain a clean and organized box office and lobby.
- Create and distribute post-show reports to support Marketing Director and Associate, Managing Director, Box Office Manager, and Concessions Manager.
- Other related duties as assigned
- 1-3 years customer service experience or demonstrated ability to listen, summarize, problem solve in the moment with others, e.g. internal and external customers
- Strong commitment to developing and supporting a culture that values diversity, equity, access and inclusion. Ability and commitment to effectively work with diverse groups, representing complex differences and identities in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status
- Ability to demonstrate Intercultural competence, shift and adapt one’s own behaviors, thoughts, and skills to create a bridge with others; develop and maintain a strong working relationship that is based on mutual trust and respect and successfully balance commonalities and differences
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including in person and over the phone
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work in a collaborative environment, prioritize and manage multiple, ongoing projects sometimes with little supervision
- Ability to remain calm in demanding situations
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in performing a wide variety of duties
- Experience in performing arts/entertainment and management preferred.
Hours and Schedule
- This position is 20-25 hours per week, based on need and budget allowances, with the possibility of additional hours as needed.
The Box Office Associate will typically work in an office setting on evenings and weekends Wednesday - Saturdays from 5pm to 8pm and during Saturday and Sunday matinee performances from 12pm - 2:30pm.
The Box Office Associate may be required to lift up to 50 lbs periodically.
How to Apply
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with disability. EEO/W/M/Veteran Disability
To express your interest about this opportunity, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Box Office Associate in the subject line.