POSITION: Box Office Manager
REPORTS TO: Marketing Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Hourly
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Support the mission and vision of Theater Latté Da by providing excellent guest service selling tickets and managing Front of House for Theater Latté Da.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent guest service to patrons over the phone and in-person.
- Promptly respond to customer inquiries and requests via phone and email.
- Resolve ticketing issues and respond to customer inquiries with empathy and authority.
- Complete other administrative tasks and attend staff meetings as requested.
Box Office Sales & Ticketing:
- Serve as the organization’s primary contact in selling subscription, single and group tickets using Salesforce (CRM) software
- Manage subscriber database
- Work and manage Box Office during performance times
- Identify opportunities for potential ticket sales
- Maintain and update patron records
- Maintain a clean and organized box office and lobby
- Create and distribute sales reports to support Marketing Manager, Managing Director and Concessions Manager.
Front of House:
- Train and supervise the House Manager and Box Office staff
- Recruit, train and manage volunteer staff (i.e. ushers and event volunteers)
- Assist with execution of special events and coordinating logistics with concessions
- Manage and coordinate access services
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- 2-3 years of experience in a box office with a computerized ticketing system required with experience in performing arts/entertainment preferred. Management experience preferred.
- Experience using database ticketing systems, Salesforce experience a plus.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to efficiently and effectively resolve issues for internal and external customers, frequently in a time-sensitive environment
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including in person and over the phone
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work in a collaborative environment, prioritize and manage multiple, ongoing projects sometimes with little supervision
- Ability to remain calm in demanding situations
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in performing a wide variety of duties.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, with demonstrated capability in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours to accommodate evening and weekend hours
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Hours and Schedule
- This position is 28-35 hours per week, based on need and budget allowances, with a somewhat negotiable set schedule.
The statements contained herein reflect the principal function and most significant duties of the job, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
How to apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Box Office Manager” as the subject line. In the cover letter, please describe what you can contribute to the Box Office as the Box Office Manager at Theater Latté Da. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with disability.
Application review will begin Nov 15, 2017. This position will remain open until filled.