Children’s Choir Conductor
Mayflower Community Congregational Church, United Church of Christ
Position title: Children’s Choir Conductor (Part-time, approximately 6 hours per week; wages competitive and commensurate with education and experience.)
Job announcement: Mayflower Community Congregational United Church of Christ, a dynamic, progressive, LGBT-friendly, and justice-focused congregation in Southwest Minneapolis, highly recognized for its music program, seeks a Children’s Choir conductor for the upcoming church year (September to May). The conductor of the Children’s Choir will share their love of music with children in grades 2 through 5 once a week to prepare for monthly church services. Rehearsals are Sunday mornings from 9 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. The conductor will also periodically attend the Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st grade Sunday School classes (9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.) throughout the school year to provide a musical experience to the younger singers of the congregation.
Qualifications: Classroom and ensemble rehearsal experience required. Music Education certification preferred.
Accountability: The Children’s Choir Conductor reports to the Youth Music and Bells Coordinator.
Salary range: About $5000 earned September through May.
• Plan and lead weekly rehearsals.
• Provide periodic musical experiences for Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade Sunday School classes.
• Provide excellent musical experiences for singers.
• Meet with Youth Music and Bells Coordinator.
• Communicate regularly with Youth Music and Bells Coordinator about repertoire choices.
• Collaborate on combined performances throughout the year.
• Communicate schedules, appearances, and rehearsals with families on a regular basis.
• Attend Mayflower Sunday services when the Children’s Choir is scheduled to perform.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Open until filled.