Project Success is looking for two Choreographers – one for our annual musical at Sanford Middle School and one for our annual musical at Northeast Middle School. This is a part-time, independent contractor position.
Project Success is a nonprofit youth development organization that helps students connect to their purpose. We work with more than 16,000 6th-12th grade students and their families in the Minneapolis Public School District and have more than 100,000 alumni around the world. Learn more at projectsuccess.org.
Project Success produces musicals at three Minneapolis Public middle schools: Sanford, Northeast, and Anwatin. We cast up to 90 students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade in each show. Our students come from diverse backgrounds and have a variety of theatrical experience. For many, the Project Success musical at their school is their first opportunity to be in a show! We utilize the power of theater to inspire, build community, act as a springboard for discussion, and encourage students to tell their own stories.
- Assist with running auditions and casting the show
- Create original dances/blocking for the show’s musical numbers
- Teach choreographed numbers to the cast
- Foster students’ talents and confidence
- Create an inclusive and accessible environment at rehearsal
- Work in close collaboration with the Director, Music Director, Assistant Director, Technical Director, and Program Manager of Musicals
- Build and nurture trusting relationships with young people
- Interact with school partners and families
- This position reports to the Program Manager of Musicals
- Rehearsals after school, Monday through Friday, starting at 3:10pm
- Two performance dates including two school matinees and two evening performances
- Auditions: Week of December 13th
- Rehearsals: Monday January 3rd – Thursday March 3rd
- Performances: Friday March 4th and Saturday March 5th
- Auditions: Week of January 10th
- Rehearsals: Tuesday January 18th – Thursday March 17th
- Performances: Friday March 18th and Saturday March 19th
- Part-time, independent contractor position
- $1,500.00 - $2,200.00 Stipend, commensurate upon experience
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Katie Langemo, Program Manager of Musicals:
- Cover Letter
- Where you heard about us and/or found the job posting
To learn more, visit: https://www.projectsuccess.org/news_events/job_openings/
Project Success is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team. We strongly encourage candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experience levels to apply!