Lighting/Electrical Shop Technician
Position we are looking to fill:
Our Technical Services department is seeking a reliable individual to fill a full-time Lighting/Electrical Shop Technician.
Responsible for assisting with systems design, budgeting, planning, equipment spec and procurement, build, install and de-install of all rigging, lighting and electrical production elements for all VStar touring properties and other client-based projects.
This position entails supervision and oversight of contractors, local and touring crews during loading, unloading, setup and teardown of systems. Provide show support, training and support structure for both touring shows and other clients as needed per project specifications.
This person will provide show support, training and support structure for both touring shows and other clients as needed per project specifications.
We want you if you have:
Extensive knowledge with practical hands on expertise in
- Theatrical electrical and automated moving light systems
- Networking of systems both wired and wireless
- Various lighting consoles, setup, programming and repair
- Electrical Systems ranging from 3.3v to 208v
- Ability to create and edit technical drawings using programs like AutoCAD and Vectorworks
- Ability to specify parts and equipment for safe repair of moving lights, power and motor distribution systems, and signal path distribution.
- Love contributing to a positive, collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical meters, phase indicators, electrical measurements, formulas, resistance, data and amperage measurements and requirements.
- Repair and maintain all equipment related to the electrical department as directed by Supervisors and Best Practice Standards
- Assist with the development of prototype systems from research to design to fabrication of special effects, electrical mechanics systems and other custom build designs to be integrated into theatrical and 3D props and scenery.
- Supervise, instruct and teach touring lighting and electrics crews in assembly, maintenance and operation of production lighting touring systems.
- Serve as a resource of knowledge and troubleshooting for touring personnel both weekdays and on weekends as needed in relation to Vstar’s show support network system.
- Maintains records and purchasing request to comply with Production Services Standard Operating Procedures.
- Keeps accurate records of time and materials on each project.
- Maintains quality control standards. Monitors quality throughout production process.
- Enforces and adheres to safety rules, regulations, compliance and safety policies as directed by supervisors and Best Practice Standards for “Lock out Tag Out”
- Responsible for adhering to the system safety as it pertains to the National Electrical Code for temporary install projects.
- Ability to complete assigned job responsibilities under minimal supervision, balancing, and establishing priorities in relation to workload and time availability.
- Maintains exemplary professionalism with all internal and external VStar stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to a positive, team-oriented work environment.
- Performs additional duties as requested or assigned.
Who We Are:
VStar Entertainment Group is a Minnesota-based company founded in 2015 because of two substantial acquisitions in the live entertainment industry: VEE Corporation, one of the most respected names in family-friendly entertainment, having delighted millions of children around the world since Sesame Street LIVE’s debut performance in 1980; and Blue Star Media, a leading producer and promoter of consumer shows and events, having promoted more than 2,000 live events across the nation.
These acquisitions have provided VStar Entertainment Group with the unwavering ability to provide clients and partners in the corporate, sports, museum and event marketing industry with a robust portfolio of production and promotion services, backed by over 30 years of experience.
In addition to its touring shows, VStar’s acclaimed production facility creates standout solutions for live events, custom dimensional exhibits, entertainment tours, costumes, and mascots.
VStar produces hundreds of projects per year for clients ranging from Advertising Agencies in the Experiential world, to Target and General Mills in the Corporate marketplace, to the NBA and Fox Sports in the world of Sports, to Universal Studios Japan and Royal Caribbean International in Entertainment.
VStar Entertainment Group, with its years of experience, innovative production, and strategic partnerships is uniquely positioned to expand as a leader in the live entertainment, production services and mascot industries.
• As a high growth, entrepreneurial company with 30 years of family entertainment history, we are anchored by the value of the prior journey with a firm, shared commitment to the road ahead
• We are aligned around a shared vision of winning as one team, one company
• We are dedicated to the growth, well-being and happiness of the individual
We offer a competitive package of work life flexibility, health, dental, and vision benefits. Company paid life insurance, AD&D and Long-Term Disability and 401(k) company match. Short term disability, additional life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off.