Casting and Producing Associate
40 hours/week - Full-Time
Reports to: Associate Artistic Director
The Casting and Producing Associate is responsible for casting workshops at the Playwrights’ Center and supporting the workshop administration and production. This position requires some flexible hours, which include working some evenings and weekends.
- Casting all workshops at the Playwrights’ Center in conversation with the Associate Artistic Director, Fellowship Director, and the playwrights
- Attend weekly meetings with the Associate Artistic Director & Fellowship Director to discuss workshop casting and additional needs
- Serve as the first point of contact for any workshop replacement casting needs, particularly on the weekends
- Set up and manage the annual general auditions and occasional other auditions that happen throughout the season
- Actively attend shows throughout the twin cities to continuously grow your knowledge base and awareness of the local acting/artistic community
- Manage and update the database for actor contacts
- Assist the Associate Artistic Director on the administration and production needs for the workshops, including scheduling meetings, taking notes at tech rehearsals, and tracking the loop production timelines for video content
- Attend weekend rehearsals for the public reading series and occasional other workshops as needed (approx. 12 times/year)
- Communicate Covid & other policies to artists before workshops and track and record information as needed
COMPANY MANAGEMENT (15%)
- Serve as the company manager for artists, which includes booking travel and housing for all of the visiting artists and guests (on average, two out-of-town artists per week and more during our annual PlayLabs Festival)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in theater
- Previous experience in casting and/or producing
- Knowledge of the Twin Cities acting/artist community
- Project Management: ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously; excellent time management and detail-oriented organizational skills; proactive approach to planning needs for upcoming projects
- Excellent communication skills, emphasizing collaboration
- Ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, and class and an understanding of how that relates to expansive and inclusive casting decisions and artist support
$42 - 45K/year, DOE. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off in addition to holiday PTO, and an optional IRA plan.
The Playwrights' Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to the perspective of all voices in every aspect of our organization and its practice. We celebrate diversity and strive to create a dynamic work environment that values inclusion, respect and integrity, service, and innovation. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé to: [email protected] and include “Casting and Producing Associate-MN Playlist” in the subject line.
Priority will be given to applications submitted prior to Friday, September 23.
General accessibility information for the Playwrights’ Center can be found at pwcenter.org/accessibility and we are happy to answer other accessibility questions sent to [email protected].