Who We Are:
VStar Entertainment Group is a Minneapolis-based company founded in 2015 as a result of two substantial acquisitions in the live entertainment industry: VEE Corporation, one of the most respected names in family-friendly entertainment, having delighted millions of children around the world since Sesame Street LIVE’s debut performance in 1980; and Blue Star Media, a leading producer and promoter of consumer shows and events, having promoted more than 2,000 live events across the nation.
These acquisitions have provided VStar Entertainment Group with the unwavering ability to provide clients and partners in the corporate, sports, museum and event marketing industry with a robust portfolio of production and promotion services, backed by over 30 years of experience.
In addition to its touring shows, VStar’s acclaimed production facility creates standout solutions for live events, custom dimensional exhibits, entertainment tours, costumes, and mascots.
VStar produces hundreds of projects per year for clients ranging from Advertising Agencies in the Experiential world, to Target and General Mills in the Corporate marketplace, to the NBA and Fox Sports in the world of Sports, to Universal Studios Japan and Royal Caribbean International in Entertainment.
VStar Entertainment Group, with its years of experience, innovative production, and strategic partnerships is uniquely positioned to expand as a leader in the live entertainment, production services and mascot industries.
- As a high growth, entrepreneurial company with 30 years of family entertainment history, we are anchored by the value of the prior journey with a firm, shared commitment to the road ahead
- We are aligned around a shared vision of winning as one team, one company
- We are dedicated to the growth, well-being and happiness of the individual
Position we are looking to fill:
Our Costumes & Creatures Division is seeking people with production sewing skills to construct costume pieces and support costume production operations. We have part-time or full-time temporary positions during workroom hours Monday through Friday — 8am to 4:30pm
We want you if you:
- Like working in a fun inclusive environment
- Can contribute to a positive, collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Are comfortable sewing on an industrial sewing machine
- Have experience operating industrial equipment and hand tools for costume production
- Enjoy producing and refurbishing costume pieces of a variety of materials including furs and foams
- Are a team player and are willing to assist with other costume production support duties as needed
- Must be able to pass the practical assembly test on an industrial sewing machine
- Have knowledge of garment construction
- Are able to read and understand English
- Ability to wear safety goggles.
- Are able to lift 20 lbs.
- Can sit or stand for long periods of time
Additional experience that will catch our eye:
- Previous experience working with furs, vinyl, leathers and other costume materials
- Patterning skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
VStar Entertainment uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify