About Spring Lake Park Schools
Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 5,800 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose -- “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
The successful candidate will be an individual who …
… firmly believes:
- all students can and will learn, and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control;
- in the need to work interdependently with teachers, school, and district leaders throughout the system, aligning the work of adults around improving student learning by meeting the needs, interests, and aspirations of students;
- in the need to work in partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success; and
- in personalizing learning for students, meeting academic, social, and emotional needs and aspirations so that each student feels valued and has a sense of belonging, leading to academic success.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Design all costumes in accordance with the directors' vision and within the confines of the budget and school decency standards. Costumes, in many cases, may need to be "danceable".
- Manage the efforts of all volunteer/ student costumers.
- Attend all production meetings.
- Measure all cast members within the first two days of read-through.
- Conduct/coordinate all costume fittings on students and make alterations.
- Purchase/Rent/Build all costume pieces, fabric, trim, patterns and notions needed.
- Stay within prescribed budget.
- Oversee hair/makeup design & implementation for production.
- Fill out and submit expense reports in a timely fashion.
- Attend all performances, dress rehearsals, tech week rehearsals.
- Dry clean only important, valuable costume pieces that require dry cleaning. Dry cleaning costs must be part of the costume budget.
- At the end of the production, or after each performance as appropriate, coordinate the washing and ironing all appropriate costume pieces.
- Ensure that all costume pieces are returned to the costume storage room and are placed in bins and labeled or hung up in an orderly fashion.
- Ensure complete costumes in time for the costume parade.
Model appropriate behavior and represent the school and district in a positive way. Qualifications:
- Theater/Drama Costuming background
- Available during Theater season
- Will communicate all questions or concerns to the Director or Production Manager.
- Will communicate with parents as requested, including parent volunteer opportunities, and deliver a consistent (team/school/district) message to students and parents.
Highly competitive salary for the region
How to Apply
Application deadline is Friday, July 20, 2018 or position will remain open until filled.
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx
For any inquiries or questions regarding the position, please feel free to contact Ryan Julien, Fine Arts Center Supervisor, at [email protected] or (763) 600-5295.
Spring Lake Park Schools has a long history of excellent theater productions, we are looking for an individual to continue our expectation of excellence.
Performing Arts are an integral part of Spring Lake Park's core values and culture of the school. Strong candidates would have a passion for theater, have had experience directing for theater productions and working with youth. Spring Lake Park is looking to fill this position immediately.