Duluth Playhouse is seeking an imaginative storyteller and true collaborator to manage the communications of its extensive programming. Specifically seeking an individual with a knowledge and passion for the art of theatre. This individual will collaborate closely with the Executive Director, Producing Artistic Director and cross-functional teams to assure clear communication and brand identity within public information, messaging, and communications.
The successful candidate will have experience with:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Creative copyrighting
- Graphic, layout, user experience
- Web and print design
- Constant Contact
- Social Media
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing and building promotional materials
- Creating content and updating social media platforms
- Audience research and development
- Connecting with local media outlets
- Optimizing patron engagement across website and email
- Designing and building production programs
- Overseeing video and photo shoots
- Ensuring the brand is presented in a clear, cohesive manner
- Overseeing content calendar across all channels
- Creating advertising agreements in partnership with the Executive Director
The office environment is interactive, very fast-paced, and tightly connected between departments. The Director of Communications should be comfortable with spontaneous meetings and participate in collaborative discussions offering team support.
The Duluth Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer in all positions, programs and services without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identification, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds and communities to apply.
Send a cover letter, resume, 2-3 references, and any additional supporting documents you would like to provide, to Wes Drummond at email@example.com with the subject “Director of Communications”. No phone calls.
Applications are due by September 24, 2021.