VStar Entertainment Group (“VStar” or the “Company”) is one of the nation’s leading multi-concept media and entertainment platforms and producer of family-friendly consumer shows and events. The company owns, operates and promotes multiple North American tours scheduled to visit more than 150 cities, including Sesame Street LIVE, a Broadway-quality musical production, produced in cooperation with Sesame Workshop; Paw Patrol Live! Race to the Rescue, a Broadway-quality interactive experience produced in cooperation with Nickelodeon, and Discover the Dinosaurs Unleashed, a dinosaur-themed, family-oriented, educational and entertainment touring exhibit. Past touring shows also include Care Bears Carealot, Hasbro’s My Little Pony, Kidzbop World Tour, and Curious George Live.
The Company also: (i) arranges international tours and operates tours for the USO; and (ii) owns a production shop that produces all sets, scenes, and costumes for its touring shows. Additionally, the company leverages these capabilities and services for the benefit of third parties including the building of the mascots for over 20 professional sports teams and organizations.
VStar is an attractive company with a strong financial profile, attractive EBITDA margins and high free cash flow. The Company is an institutional organization with senior management depth led by a CEO with a proven background in live events and expertise in architecting a clear company vision and cohesive company culture.
As a leading touring entertainment platform with diversified content (five active and operational shows), format (arenas, theatres, convention centers, state fairs, etc.) and geography (U.S. and international), VStar is uniquely positioned to capitalize on the large-scale family entertainment market.
Primary Objective of Position:
Responsible for the planning, development, execution, and evaluation of internal/external projects and manufacturing business as a profit center. Oversight of all production manufacturing, technical and operational functions of the VStar Production Services division.
Provide overall leadership and supervision of all manufacturing projects (for in-house and outside clients) through direct management of the fabrication shop’s hard assets and personnel including Shop Foreman, Trades, Leads and Over-hires.
Identify and recommend policies and procedures, which will promote improvement in production capabilities and capacity, customer service, raise revenue, and lower direct cost and overhead.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Directly responsible for the general management of the annual financial plan for VPS new project manufacturing.
- Participates with the SVP of Production & Operations and CFO in creating the division business plan, which includes: financial and labor projections, COG estimates, facility expenses, and overhead. Supervises the administrative process necessary to track production manufacturing budgets. Analyze, report, and ensure budget accountability.
- Works in concert with SVP of Production & Operatons and Sales Team to promote and expand Production Service’s role as a profitable business by: defining project scope and budget parameters in consideration of resources and available capacity.
- Monitors the cost of goods for each potential sale while making adjustments as needed to insure the timely reporting and coverage of any gaps in the production schedule or supply chain.
- Works closely with management team to identify and recommend policies and procedures which will promote improvement in production capabilities, raise revenue, and lower direct cost and overhead. Directs key personnel as to specific production responsibilities with regard to schedules, personnel, and budget.
- Evaluate VPS projects, from a technical and financial standpoint, to ensure feasibility and success as it relates to budget, schedule and quality. In conjunction with Project Managers, foresee and prevent overages in time and money while maintaining the highest quality possible. Participate, as needed, in client meetings with Sales Department to determine specific needs of each project.
- Participate in all bid reviews, kick-off meetings and post-mortems to ensure that pertinent information is reported and analyzed in an effective manner in order to provide archival information for future projects and reference.
- Supervision of the Shop Foreman, Scenic Art department, and Electrics Department Maintain close working relationships with key staff to oversee the entire manufacturing facility and personnel. Oversee workflow and deadlines while facilitating good communication across all departments. Recommend upgrades of tools and processes to increase efficiencies and reduce costs. Oversee the hire of additional shop staff and overhire.
- As directed by SVP of Production & Operations, provide project management, leadership, budgeting, and scheduling skills for special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Performance Criteria:
- Ability to perform assigned duties and responsibilities under minimal supervision and make accurate and informed decisions, balancing and establishing priorities in relation to workload and time availability.
- Willingness to travel as required, performing all aspects of the position.
- Ability to perform in a manner which contributes to an overall team effort with a willingness to assist others as workload requires and time allows.
- Adheres to and enforces all established safety procedures
VStar Entertainment Group