OPEN EYE FIGURE THEATRE
Driveway Tour Program Coordinator | Paid/Part-time
Open Eye is seeking a new team member to coordinate the Driveway Tour, our acclaimed program that sends inventive, high-quality, family-friendly puppet shows into backyards, driveways, parks and libraries throughout the Twin Cities. Other features of the program include a bicycle-powered “Two-Wheel Tour” that performs miniature shows in public venues, and a neighborhood Ice Cream Social hosted at our historic theater in South Minneapolis.
- This is a part-time employee position with a 7-month contract, averaging 6-10 hours per-week, January - July 2019, with heavier workloads in, March – May
- Compensation- $4000-$5000, commensurate with experience & workload
- Benefits include flexibility within established office hours, a fun and creative work environment, and the opportunity to collaborate with a professional team and bring new skills for the improvement of the Program
The Driveway Tour Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, scheduling, and monitoring all aspects of the program consisting of three Driveway Tour puppet shows, the Two Wheel Tour and Ice Cream Social. Responsibilities include:
- Advertise and organize puppeteer auditions
- Promote and book 105 summer shows, leveraging our existing client list and cultivating new partners including:
- Libraries and schools
- Parks and community centers
- Neighborhoods in 7 county Metro area with Resident Host partners
- Book 35 annual ‘community’ (free) shows in diverse low income locations
- Supervise and train the 3 Driveway Tour show managers in established policy & processes
- Support 3 directors with rehearsal logistics, communication as needed
- Attend 3 performances for each show to ensure quality/process control
- Track data of the Driveway Tour including entering data with show dates and host information.
- Plan and produce the neighborhood Ice Cream Social
- Plan end-of-summer party for DWT staff
- Wrap up and perform evaluations from each of the performing teams
Proficient in Microsoft Office, customer service experience, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, good written & verbal communication skills, detail oriented. Prior experience managing performing arts/community events welcome but not required.
To Apply, please send us your resume and work experience, along with a letter expressing your interest to: [email protected]