REPORTS TO: Managing Director
HOURS: Full-Time (Weekends and evenings necessary during peak times)
DIRECT REPORTS: All Instructors and artists for:
ACT!, APC, Summer Camp, Classes, Residencies & Classes/Workshops
Strategic & Annual Planning:
- Partner with Managing Director to develop 3-5 year Strategic Plans for all educational programs.
- Partner with Managing Director and Staff to develop Annual Plans for educational programming.
- Develop an outcome based educational plan for all educational programming.
Educational and Artistic Leadership
- Ensure the successful execution of Ashland’s mission and Educational vision through well executed educational programming.
- Mentor and coach students, artists, staff, volunteers and parents in the inclusive environment.
- Research and propose shows that support execution of Ashland’s educational and artistic mission.
- Ensure educational seasons are established and contracted 12-24 months ahead of performance.
- Research and investigate arts, arts education and non-profit arts trends to ensure Ashland’s approach is fresh and current.
- Network and meet with other arts education organizations to maintain a deep understanding of the local arts education scene, Ashland’s peers and
- competitors and local artists and educators to fill Ashland’s ever expanding bench.
- Ensure all Ashland programs have educational goals
- Ensure that highly qualified teaching and artistic staff are contracted 6-12 months ahead of production start.
- Ensure all contracted staff are trained and refreshed on goals before first contact with participants.
- In partnership with production staff, participate in audition and call back processes and lead staff to ensure that Ashland’s mission and vision is a driving force in casting decisions.
- Periodically observe production staff during rehearsal process and provide feedback when needed to ensure an “Ashland” experience for every participant and to gather and document Mission Moments.
- Conduct a post-show learnings meeting(s) with production staff and key Ashland staff and volunteers. Document and communicate findings and create plans to incorporate learnings for continual process improvements.
- Work with Managing Director to develop annual educational program budgets.
- Regularly meet with Managing Director to review registrations and ticket sales for all productions and create and execute communication to ensure the successful achievement of financial goals for the same.
- Research arts education based grants and pursue appropriate candidates with input from the Managing Director.
- Code and approve all educational production contracts expenses and ensure they are submitted and paid in a timely manner.
- Monitor financial health by regularly comparing budget to actual (aggregate & per program). Discuss opportunities and mitigation strategies with Managing Director and staff to ensure financial goals for the year are met.
Outreach and Community Relations:
- Establish and deepen relationships with key donors and educational arts peers to ensure Ashland achieves its strategic and financial goals.
- Regularly talk with donors in person and by phone deepening connections with key Ashland funders.
- Nurture and communicate with contract staff and Families to ensure on-brand experiences for all educational programming.
- Analyze survey results
Staff Leadership & Management:
- Ensure all Educational positions have clearly documented expectations and program outcomes.
- For each educational program create and archive written assessments against documented expectations to be used in improving training and to inform future contract decisions.
- Prepare a detailed Educational Director report each month and submit to the Managing Director.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Attend and participate in Board Committee Meetings, as needed or requested.
To apply: Send coverletter and resume to Elisa Olson, Managing Director at [email protected]. Please put the job title in the subject line.