Honeybee Productions seeks 12 actors aged 18-70 to join the cast of our upcoming feature film Bittersweet.
Rebecca and her husband, Mark, have chosen a life of peace and solitude, miles away from society. Set on their self-sustaining farm in rural northern Minnesota, their special little home holds onto every memory, and creates promises for the future. With a baby on the way, everything fits nicely into place for their developing family. After Mark's sudden death, Rebecca is left without many of the things she thought she needed, except for the pregnancy, which she must handle while maintaining the house--all within the harsh, long winter of Minnesota.
Director - Taylor Clement
Screenwriter - Clara Davies
Casting Director - Chandler Oja
Principal photography is tentatively scheduled to begin on January 21st, 2020. Specific dates will depend on actor/crew availability. Most actors will only be needed 1-4 days.
The majority of filming will be done in and around the Duluth/Superior area. Travel/lodging is not paid, so please keep that in mind when submitting.
Food will also be provided on days we are filming.
To submit for consideration, please email [email protected]. Please include the following in your email:
- Reel (optional)
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Role(s) you are interested in
If we would like to see more from you we will respond to your email with sides/further details. Submissions will be accepted until December 1st.
We strongly encourage people of all gender identities and ethnicities to apply for any role, however since the relative ages of the characters are important, please only submit for roles that fit your age range.
- Mark (Supporting) - Rebecca's husband who tragically died. Not a heavy speaking role, but is a part of many scenes without dialogue. Age: 25-35
- Alexa (Supporting) - Rebecca's younger sister. Has a very close and supportive relationship with Rebecca. Age: 18-25
- Helen (Supporting) - Rebecca's mother. Wants what's best for Rebecca, but thinks she knows what that is. Age: 45-60
- Kyle (Supporting) - Mark's best friend. Rebecca believes he is responsible for her husband's death. Age: 25-35
- Steve (Supporting) - Rebecca's father. Sincerely wants to help Rebecca, but doesn't know what she needs. Age: 45-60
- Bob (Featured) - Mark's father. Age: 45-60
- Barb (Featured) - Mark's mother. Age: 45-60
- Julie (Featured) - Mark's sister. Age: 18-25
- Doctor (Featured) - Rebecca's OBGYN. Age: 35-70
- Nurse (Featured) - Rebecca's nurse. Age: 25-70
- Officer (Featured) - Gives the news of Mark's death. Age: 30-70
- Tom (Featured) - Rebecca's neighbor. Gives Rebecca life advice. Age: 50-80
Thank you very much for your interest!