Mark Your Calendars for Park Square’s General Auditions!
Park Square Theatre is hosting an AEA/Non-union General Audition for its 2019-20 Season. All character descriptions will be posted after the season announcement. Joining Artistic Director Flordelino Lagundino and Associate Artistic Director Laura Leffler will be Park Square’s production directors, local area producers, and freelance directors. Area theatres and freelance directors who have committed to attending are:
Jennifer Liestman (Guthrie Theater), Sheena Janson (Jungle Theater), Jack Reuler and Catherine Campbell (Mixed Blood Theatre), AnaSofia Villanueva (History Theatre), Hayley Finn and Julia Brown (Playwrights’ Center), Amy Rummenie and John Heimbuch (Walking Shadow Theatre Company), Peter Christian Hansen (Gremlin Theatre), Joe Chvala (Flying Foot Forum), Alberto Justiano (Teatro del Pueblo), Elena Giannetti and Shelli Place (PRIME Productions), Anne Bertram (Theatre Unbound), Jenny Moeller (Raw Sugar Theatre), Markell Kiefer (TigerLion Arts), Ryan Lear (Four Humors), Hal Cropp and Jeremy van Meter (Commonweal Theatre Company), Luverne Seifert and Darcey Engen (Sodhouse Theater), Chaya Gordon Bland (South Dakota Shakespeare Festival), John Gigrich (Green Sea Productions), Adrian Balbontin (The BAND Group), and Meggie Greivell (Persistent Theatre Productions)
While we offer the opportunity to be seen by dozens of local companies at no cost to the actor or theater, we cannot guarantee an organization’s attendance on a specific day. Flordelino and Laura will be in attendance each day, and there will be a whiteboard in the lobby listing all additional directors and producers in the room.
Park Square is committed to programming for and collaborating with a wide range of talent. Our General Auditions is a color inclusive, ability inclusive, and gender inclusive audition. The audition venue does have several short steps to walk up and down. A volunteer will gladly provide a hand to assist you up and down if needed, or please let us know if you will need additional access services.
Audition Times and Location
The General Auditions will be held in Park Square Theatre’s Proscenium Stage. Please use the 7th Place plaza entrance, under the lighted marquee. Audition dates are:
- Sunday, January 13th 9am-6pm (Lunch Break 1pm-2pm)
- Monday, January 14th 12pm-9pm (Dinner Break 4pm-5pm) *AEA/EMC featured
- Friday, January 18th 12pm-9pm (Dinner Break 4pm-5pm)
- Saturday, January 19th 9am-6pm (Lunch Break 1pm-2pm) *AEA/EMC featured
Audition Sign-Up Begins in January
You may sign up for an audition appointment using SignUp Genius. The link to the sign-up page will be posted on Park Square’s website and in our Minnesota Playlist classified ad the first week of January. Please note audition sign-up for AEA actors is 12:00 noon on January 2nd, sign-up for EMC actors is 12:00 noon on January 3rd, and sign-up for non-union actors is 12:00 noon on January 4th.
- You will have two minutes TOTAL to present your materials after introducing yourself on stage. We ask that you please prepare two contrasting monologues. If you would like to sing as part of this audition, you may substitute one monologue for a 32-bar cutting of a song, to be sung a cappella in the audition. In order for each actor to be seen, these auditions will be timed. My apologies, but it is the most respectful way to protect everyone’s time.
- Please bring one hard copy of your headshot and resume to your appointment to be added to Park Square’s talent files. You are not required to bring additional hard copies for each director in the audition room.
Talent Profile: We are asking everyone to create a FREE talent profile on Minnesota Playlist. This profile will be used by directors and producers to view headshots and resumes in the audition room. Instructions will be available when you sign up for your audition appointment.