The Guthrie Theater seeks a full-time Audience Services Coordinator to join our Audience Services team. The Audience Services Coordinator’s primary role is to work in partnership with the Audience Services managers in hiring, onboarding, orienting, training and scheduling staff.
Reports to: Director of Audience Services
This position is responsible for updating training, orientation, and onboarding materials and safety and emergency policies and procedures. This position will work closely with Human Resources. The Audience Services Coordinator will also serve as project assistant to the Director of Audience Services. All employees are expected to center, model and champion the Guthrie’s core values of Artistic Excellence; Community; Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; and Fiscal Responsibility.
This position is full-time, non-exempt and benefits-eligible. Compensation for this position is $17.12 – $21.23 per hour plus benefits. The typical schedule for this role is Tuesday – Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. This position must be able to work hours reflective of the dynamic schedule of the theater including evening and weekend hours.
The Guthrie is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Operations Support
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate, in partnership with Audience Services managers and supervisors, onboarding, orientations, staff trainings, meetings and agendas.
- Facilitate Audience Services trainings in partnership with department managers.
- Ensure the onboarding materials, orientation, training and emergency guides are current both in print and online.
- Coordinate overall staff schedules for Audience Services part-time staff, ensuring appropriate staffing levels are maintained to meet the needs of the department.
- Assist in the creation of a yearly training calendar for Audience Services.
- Assist Audience Services hiring managers with Human Resources to ensure smooth hiring process for Audience Services managers. Actively participate in hiring process and interviews.
- Assist with the processing and coordinating all new hire paperwork with managers, employees, Human Resources and Information Technology.
- Provide back-up for Front of House and Box Office supervisors; cross-train in both areas and stay current on general practices.
- Audit current processes, procedures and practices to identify areas for improvement.
2. Stakeholder Support
- Identify recurring issues in meeting general customer expectations, differentiate between problems and symptoms and suggest solutions to managers and supervisors.
- Answer questions from staff about policies, procedures and training.
- Work as liaison between Audience Services staff and Human Resources.
- Monitor attendance for audience services staff and follow up as appropriate with managers.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with staff.
3. Financial Support
- Ensure all documentation regarding financial procedures are current and updated.
- Ensure all staff are trained on procedures for money-handling.
- Work in partnership with the Box Office Manager, Associate Box Office Manager, Information Technology and Financial Services on updating policies or procedures.
4. Talent Support
- Keep staff informed of changes in organization policies and practices and incorporate into staff trainings and meetings.
- Track all Audience Services employee training progress and communicate with managers any additional training needed.
- Check-in with new hires at pre-determined intervals and identify areas of development and growth. Share information with supervisors.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
5. Strategy Support
- Foster a work environment incorporating the Guthrie values of Artistic Excellence, Community, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, and Fiscal Responsibility.
- Support the Director of Audience Services in the implementation of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion efforts in orientations, trainings, and meetings.
- Support messaging and implementation of Guthrie initiatives.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in documenting systems, processes or training manuals required. Experience in developing curriculum or training manuals preferred.
- Experience in training and facilitation required.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills required.
- Demonstrated experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) system or electronic ticketing system; Tessitura experience preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills in writing, over the phone and in person to all levels of internal constituencies as well as members of the public.
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong team player and to contribute energy, creativity and enthusiasm. Works collaboratively with others to achieve goals.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook, preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks to ensure timely completion of all tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment that is noisy, busy, confined, and has ebbs and flows of activity and still focus on task to work efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, exercise independent judgement, and work collaboratively within a team and across departments.
- Project management/tracking experience helpful.
- Must be able to work on a computer for long periods of time.
- General knowledge of nonprofit and theater operations is helpful.
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions in problem-solving.
- Actively seeks information for process improvements, unanswered concerns and comments.
- Adapts easily to change in policy and procedures. Is able to champion new systems.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours/days, including evenings and weekends, reflective of the dynamic schedule of the theater.
- Experience, ability, and commitment to working with individuals and teams that are mixed across lines of difference such as race, gender-identity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status.
A NOTE FROM HUMAN RESOURCES
For the safety of our guests and staff, the Guthrie Theater requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Documentation of vaccination status must be provided if an offer of employment is made.
Applicants must submit the following to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter